Head of Transport Strategy
Buckinghamshire Council have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Transport Strategy. We are looking for an experienced individual to lead and manage the growing transport strategy activities and related policy functions across Buckinghamshire.
This is a 12 month fixed term position.
In April 2020 Buckinghamshire Council will become the UK’s newest council and the residents of Buckinghamshire will be served by a single, unitary council. Buckinghamshire is an ambitious, rapidly growing county, with over 50,000 new homes to be delivered by mid 2030s and three Enterprise Zones to be the focus of the county’s economic growth. It is in the middle of the Oxford to Cambridge Arc and a founder member of England’s Economic Heartlands. Buckinghamshire is also affected by several National Strategic Infrastructure Projects which include HS2, East West Rail, Western Rail Link to Heathrow, the expansion of Heathrow and a potential Oxford to Cambridge Expressway.
Transport Strategy covers:
- Transport policy
- Transport scheme feasibility, programme management, minor scheme implementation and bidding
- Developing the Bucks transport response to major projects
- Delivering a range of healthy and active travel services
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate to provide expert transport strategy advice on the Council’s response to external growth and infrastructure proposals as well as growth and transport issues within Buckinghamshire.
The post holder will influence the transport policy and strategies at a local, regional and national level and, develop transport schemes and services to ensure the existing and future needs of Buckinghamshire are recognised and provided for.
As the Head of Transport Strategy you will lead and manage transport strategy activities and work with a number of external partners to ensure the needs of the service are met, deputizing for the service director when needed.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has substantial relevant experience in transport planning, policy and strategy work
- Can effectively lead and develop the transport strategy team
- Has experience representing a council in a professional capacity
- Uses initiative and demonstrates strategic and political awareness in problem solving and decision making
- Has excellent communication, persuasion and negotiating skills
- Experience of scheme development, including feasibility, drafting business cases and appraisal
- Has a relevant degree or substantial experience
Please see the attached JD for more information
We pride ourselves on our core values of being Proud, Ambitious, Collaborative and Trustworthy. We work together to deliver the very best outcomes, with both our residents and employees being at the heart of what we do.
We recognise and reward you
All new employees starting with us from 1st April 2020 will join us under the new Buckinghamshire Council terms, conditions and pay scales. For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org You’ll also be entitled to a wide range of bc benefits, including a generous pension scheme with an employer contribution of 26%, discount in shops / restaurants and 1/3 off local trains and buses. Find out more here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv_VqOEqO_k&feature=youtu.be
- Head of Transport Strategy JD (Microsoft Word Document)