Lunchtime Supervisors - Elangeni School
We have a vacancy for two Lunchtime Supervisors to start as soon as possible.
Hours: 7.5 hours per week Monday - Friday, term time only (38 weeks per year)
Salary: Bucks Pay Scale Range 1 ISN 5 £15,840 (FTE) £2.667 Actual
Closing date: Friday 28th February 2020 – 12 noon
Elangeni is a two form entry junior school in Chesham Bois, Amersham with 240 children, on roll, between 7–11 years of age. At Elangeni, we are passionate about supporting our children to help them reach their full potential.
We strive to provide an exciting environment that encourages life-long learning, where every child feels listened to and equally valued. In our friendly and caring community, we set challenging but realistic goals to ensure that the specific learning needs of each child are met through individual learning programmes and differentiation.
Find out more about us by visiting our school website - www.elangeni.bucks.sch.uk
About the role
The role of our Lunchtime Supervisors is to:
- Supervise and support our pupils during meal times.
- Supervise our pupils on the playground.
- Engage pupils in structured play and activity.
- Manage pupils’ behaviour when necessary.
- Support and assist pupils to develop strong friendships and support their emotional wellbeing helping them to build social resilience.
- Work as part of a team under the guidance and support of our Senior Lunchtime Supervisor.
Relevant experience working within a school setting would be beneficial
Please refer to the attached job description for more information
Our successful candidates will have
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to work under own initiative
- The ability to follow instructions
- The ability to guide and supervise the children
Our successful candidates will
- Enjoy being with children
- Have empathy with children
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Be patient, tolerant, sympathetic and, fair but firm
- Be hardworking and conscientious
- Respect confidentiality
- Be an excellent team player
Please see our person specification.
Visits to the school prior to your application will be warmly welcomed. Please contact School Office, on 01494 721436 to arrange a visit.
Interested parties should email the completed form and a supporting letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org We would be happy to accept and consider applications from people who are looking for fewer days.
If you require further information please contact the school office on 01494 721436 or by email: email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 28th February 2020 - 12noon.
Date of Interviews: Tuesday 3rd March
Elangeni is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are also committed to safer recruitment and an enhanced DBS disclosure will be required.
- 2282- Lunch Time Supervisors - Person Specification - Dec 19 (Microsoft Word Document)
- 2282- Lunch Time Supervisors -Job Description- Dec 19 (Microsoft Word Document)
- Application Form Non Teaching - DBS (GDPR May 18) (Microsoft Word Document)