Senior Social Worker - Court Team
Our Court Team works to protect children and young people who are at risk of significant harm, always making sure that the voice of the child is listened to. We are looking for an experienced social worker to join our well-established and supportive Court Team.
Significant progress has been made to improve our Children’s Services in Buckinghamshire. A new, permanent Senior Management Team arrived in April 2018 and is making the right changes to ensure we improve outcomes for vulnerable children and young people across the County.
OFSTED said during their last monitoring visit that
‘The senior leadership team has a sound understanding of the improvements that are needed in children’s services and is steadfastly determined to improve the quality of services for children’
Read the Ofsted Monitoring Visit feedback letter
About the role
No two days are the same. This is a fast-paced and busy role, responsibilities include:
- Managing child protection care proceedings
- Safeguarding children and young people who are under a child protection plan or court frameworks
- Working with looked after children
The team is made up of social workers, assistant team managers, team managers, a practice improvement manager and a Head of Children’s Safeguarding. The team works in close partnership with other social care teams and organisations to deliver the best possible outcomes for the children and their families.
For a full list of responsibilities please see attached Job Description.
You will …
- Have a social work qualification and active HCPC registration
- Be willing and able to model our values and deliver our conditions
- Be able to promote a ‘strengthening families’ approach to social work practice
If you have any questions regarding the roles, please email firstname.lastname@example.org You will be required to apply for a DBS at an enhanced level. Further information about the DSB Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check Buckinghamshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
Our values are what make our culture at BCC unique. We expect all our people to live them in their approach.
Ambitious; we want people with a strong desire and determination to succeed.
Accountable; Our people take pride in owning actions and decisions. It’s all about using our resources wisely and recognising that the public money we use is all going towards a better future.
Caring; we’re people, working for people. Being caring, kind and supportive is intrinsic.
Collaborative; Working in a team, sharing ideas and knowledge only means positive things.
We recognise and reward you
All experienced BCC Social Workers are entitled to a wide range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary which includes a 6% enhanced salary uplift
- ‘Golden Hello’ payment of up to £2,125 depending on experience
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) with employer contributions equivalent to 26.4% of salaries paid to scheme members
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) rising to 30 days (plus bank holidays) after more than 5 years’ service, with additional special leave as appropriate
- New BCC Car Lease Scheme.
- Car Allowance of £300 per annum. (if applicable)
- ‘Safe Haven’ Car Allowance of £300 p.a. (if applicable)
- Relocation Allowance of up to £8,000 (if applicable)
- BCC discounts on buses and trains
- Access to our corporate health and wellbeing services including: Employee Assistance Programme, Occupational Health Service
- Discounts at local gyms and wellbeing centres
- Seasonal health checks
- Social work career progression scheme
- Annual performance appraisal with a personal learning and development plan
Find out more here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv_VqOEqO_k&feature=youtu.be
- Social Worker JD (Microsoft Word Document)
- INFORMATION CANDIDATE PACK_March 2019 (Microsoft Word Document)