Learning Support Assistant - Great Kimble C of E School
WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN A GREAT TEAM?
WE ARE LOOKING FOR AN ENTHUSIASTIC, PROACTIVE AND RELIABLE 1:1 LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT TO JOIN OUR OUTSTANDING SCHOOL.
Salary Range: Bucks Salary Range 1B-2 £16,032-£21,428
Working Hours: 5 days a week 8.45am – 3.15pm term time only.
Contract Type: Fixed Term contract until July 2023
Start Date: As soon as possible
Rated Outstanding by Ofsted (2011) and SIAMS (2016), Great Kimble Church of England School is a small, friendly, village school, located near Princes Risborough. We are proud to be an academy of The Great Learners Trust. Although originally an infant school, this is an exciting time for us as we are currently expanding and now offer places up to Year 3. We are a unique setting with a very supportive team within a close-knit community.
About the role
We are currently seeking a Special Needs Support Assistant to join our team, starting as soon as possible. This is a fixed-term contract until 2023. The role primarily involves supporting a child with an EHCP in Year 3, who would benefit from an enthusiastic, nurturing and inspirational role model. The role is advertised at 30 hours per week.
You will need to:
- NVQ Level 2 in Education or equivalent
- Have a good standard of education to GCSE or equivalent, Grade C or above in English and Maths
- Know the requirements of the new National Curriculum
- Have a growth mindset and be able to form positive relationships with pupils, staff and families
- Be prepared to attend training
- Have excellent communication skills, and work effectively as a member of a team
Have experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged, or if you would prefer to discuss the role further before visiting, please do not hesitate to contact Elaine Godfrey in the School Office on 01844 346189. Alternatively, you can contact us at email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday 10th January at 9:00am
Please note, applications will be considered upon receipt, we reserve the right to close this advertisement early if a suitable candidate is found. To avoid disappointment please submit your application as soon as possible before the closing date
Please note that this post will be subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS checks as our school community is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children in our care.
- GK LSA Person Specification (Microsoft Word Document)
- LSA job description (Microsoft Word Document)
- Application Form Non Teaching - DBS (GDPR May 18) (Microsoft Word Document)