Learning Support Staff - Elmtree Infant & Nursery School
We are looking for enthusiastic, caring and dedicated people to join our team in either Early Years (Nursery) or the Main School (Reception to Yr.2).
Contract: Fixed Term (Two Terms) January 2020 or earlier if possible
Salary: 1B £16032 - £18305 pro Rata
Full Time Roles: 8.30-3pm or 9-3pm (27.5 hours) Term Time Only Excluding INSET Days (Actual Salary - £9853 - £11,250)
Part Time Role: 12-3pm (15 hours) Term Time Only Excluding INSET Days (Actual Salary £5373 - £6135)
Closing date: 12 noon on 22nd November 2019
We are a warm, welcoming, vibrant two form entry Infant and Nursery school situated in Chesham.
At Elmtree we pride ourselves as being a caring and happy place of learning where all children feel safe and secure.
We have a great team of dedicated staff who strive to give every child a memorable and exciting start to their life long journey of learning. We are all committed to ensuring that the children are happy, healthy and are working towards meeting their potential.
We work to ensure that all children enjoy coming to school and that they are given as many opportunities as possible to achieve their personal best and learn the skills they need to be able to continue their learning throughout their life.
About the role
We are looking for applicants with experience of working in educational provisions either Nurseries or Schools. We have a variety of roles: one role will involve supporting the learning of all pupils within the classroom; other roles will involve supporting children with special educational needs in particular those with ASD and Downs Syndrome.
- To work as part of the team to improve the children's achievement in all aspects of their learning, social, emotional and physical development.
- To prepare the classroom for lessons and ensure that specialist resources and equipment is available and cleared away at the end of the lessons.
- To record achievement and progress on a regular basis via observations and marking children’s work.
- To support pupils with special educational needs through the delivery of specific learning programmes as part of their individual provision maps.
See attached Job Description for more information.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of working with children
- A commitment to working in partnership with parents, school staff and outside agencies
- High levels of professionalism
- An outstanding commitment to ongoing professional development
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A commitment to safeguarding all children and adults
In return we will offer you:
- Training opportunities both externally and in-house
- Supportive line management
- A friendly staff team
- A real opportunity to make a positive impact
- Fantastic children who strive to achieve their best
- A strong commitment to staff health & wellbeing
See attached Person Specification for more information.
Please contact Kate Brazier, Office Manager, if you have any questions or you wish to arrange a visit on 01474 771 474
Please return your completed application forms to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 22nd November 2019 by 12 noon
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 26th & Thursday 28th November 2019
Application form, Job description, Person specification
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- application-form-non-teaching-dbs-gdpr-may-18 (Microsoft Word Document)
- Learning Support Assistant Job Description November 2019 (Microsoft Word Document)
- Learning Support Assistant Person Specification November 19 (Microsoft Word Document)