Nursery Support Assistant - Turnfurlong Infant School
Turnfurlong Infant School – Nursery Support Assistant (Level 3)
Permanent - Part-time, 17.5 hours per week, term time only 08.15-11.45
Salary £18,305 pro-rata
Start date – 4/11/19 or sooner if possible
Could you be the caring and skilled keyperson who makes a difference to our youngest children’s learning? Do you enjoy working as part of a team? Are you able to work alongside parents and carers to engage them in their child’s learning? Turnfurlong Infant School are looking for a suitably qualified and experienced Level 3 practitioner to join our successful Nursery team. Working with our Nursery teachers and support colleagues you would have responsibility for a group of key children.
Turnfurlong Infant School is a school where every child really matters and where we celebrate the unique status of being an infant school. Our warm and caring school is situated approximately a mile from the centre of Aylesbury. The school community is ethnically and culturally diverse with over twenty languages spoken at home. Our Nursery class opened in September 2017 and we offer places for 30 children in each morning and afternoon session. We offer 26 15 hour places in each session to three and four year olds. 4 places in each session are offered to children entitled to 2 year old funding. The Nursery benefits from a well-developed space for outdoor learning and a well-resourced indoor learning environment. Inspiring a love of learning is at the heart of our teaching and in our Nursery class that means that our planning follows the children’s interests and fascinations. We love to cook, get messy in our mud kitchen, roll up our sleeves in the tactile area, make up stories and have fun!
About the role
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for a key group of up to 13 children
- have a secure understanding of the developmental needs of children in the Early Years Foundation Stage
- be able to develop strong, caring professional relationships with children
- be able to plan for next steps in children’s learning through observation, assessment and planning
- be able to support children’s personal care needs
- be able to administer first aid
- be able to prepare and present written reports to support children’s development and wellbeing
- be able to work in a professional partnership with parents and carers
- be able to work alongside professionals from other agencies
- enjoy working with colleagues as part of a team
- be open to new opportunities and keen to develop professionally
We can offer:
- an extremely friendly, welcoming school
- a supportive induction
- the opportunity to work alongside experienced colleagues
- an attractive and well-resourced learning environment
- lovely children!
- supportive parents
- excellent opportunities for professional development
- a Headteacher who is passionate about Early Years and who understands the EYFS
- lots of cake!
- You love working with young children
- You are passionate about Early Years education
- You are ready for a new challenge and enjoy being an active member of an enthusiastic team
- You are a reflective practitioner who wants to develop professionally
- You are positive about inclusion; every child is included
- You have high expectations of children’s learning and development
- You are emotionally resilient with a sense of humour
You’d like to work at Turnfurlong Infant School!
- The successful candidate will hold a full and relevant Early Years Level 3 qualification
- Good literacy skills in the spoken and written form
- Good numeracy skills
- GSCE English C (if qualified after September 2014)
- GSCE Maths C (if qualified after September 2014)
- Recent experience of working as a keyperson in at least one setting
- Good working knowledge of ‘Development Matters in the Early Years Foundation Stage’
- Basic ICT skills – Microsoft Word
Visits to the school are strongly recommended. We would love to show you round! Please contact the school office at the beginning of the Autumn Term to make an appointment. The office will be open from Wednesday 4th September 2019.
Closing date: Wednesday 18th September 12 noon
Interview date: Thursday 26th September
Turnfurlong Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children. The successful candidate will be required to provide suitable references and undergo an enhanced DBS disclosure prior to taking up the post.
- Nursery Support Assistant job description (Microsoft Word Document)
- Nursery Support Assistant - Person Spec (Microsoft Word Document)
- Application Form Non Teaching - TIS (Microsoft Word Document)