Senior Practitioner - Court Team
Children’s Services in Buckinghamshire are going places!
OFSTED recognise that Children’s Services across the County of Buckinghamshire are improving. They recognise and have confidence in the new, permanent, senior leadership team in the service. At the last monitoring visit OFSTED said: ‘”the local authority is beginning to demonstrate some early signs of improvement”; Inspectors further confirmed that “we have an accurate understanding of the extent of the challenge and a realistic improvement plan in place.”
We recognise the service we provide to vulnerable children is only as good as the staff within it, and that good social work practice depends on the right levels of support, encouragement and challenge. As the service is being re-built with strong foundations we require ambitious, dynamic and child centred professionals to add to our existing workforce.
Significant progress has been made to improve our Children’s Services in Buckinghamshire. A new, permanent Senior Management Team arrived in April 2018 and is making the right changes to ensure we improve outcomes for vulnerable children and young people across the County.
OFSTED said during their last monitoring visit that
‘The senior leadership team has a sound understanding of the improvements that are needed in children’s services and is steadfastly determined to improve the quality of services for children’
Read the Ofsted Monitoring Visit feedback letter
About the role
We have roles available in both our Help and Protection and our Court Teams. The Help and Protection teams manage a caseload of Child in Need and CP cases and manage children’s cases requiring legal intervention within pre-proceedings and up until the initial court hearing. From there, our team of experienced Court Practitioners continue with the case through to final hearing
Working in either team you will need to be committed and determined to help us get to where we need to be.
Working for Buckinghamshire Children’s Social Care includes…
- Generous reward package including:
- Competitive salary with a ‘Golden Hello’ lump sum payment of £2,125
- New lease car scheme (starting Autumn 2018)
- Car allowance up to £600
- Annual leave up to 30 days after 5 years employment
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- 12 – 15 days training, learning and development offer
- Children’s Learning Academy with a Social Work Faculty that has close links with Buckinghamshire New University and a dynamic Masterclass programme led by academics, researchers and speakers
- New dedicated learning platform providing access to a wide range of training, learning and development opportunities, resources and tools
- Employee Wellbeing access to our developing offer of treatments and classes, including workplace massage, mindfulness classes and discounted gym membership
- ‘Beyond Auditing’ (Quality Assurance) Team works with the Principal Social Worker providing real time coaching and mentoring to evaluate and improve social work practice. This includes case consultations with allocated social workers and line managers, observation of practice and guided conversations with children, young people and their parents as well as other professional who know them.
- Reimbursement of full HCPC registration fee
Our values describe the behaviours that underpin the successful implementation of our vision and the delivery of our improvements so that we will focus on:
- Keeping children and young people’s lived experiences at the heart of everything we do
- Working collaboratively with and for our children and families, acknowledging their contribution and building on their strengths
- Remaining passionate about keeping children safe and well and focus on making a positive difference every day
- Making sure that everyone’s voice is heard, including children, families, our staff and partners, so that we work reflectively, openly and with integrity
- Assuring the quality of practice and managing our performance to inform service improvement and development
You will …
- Have a social work qualification and active HCPC registration
- Be willing and able to model our values and deliver our conditions
- Be able to promote a ‘strengthening families’ approach to social work practice
If you have any questions regarding the roles, please email firstname.lastname@example.org You will be required to apply for a DBS at an enhanced level. Further information about the DSB Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check If you are successful in securing a role in our First Response Contact and MASH Team, you will also be required to apply for a Thames Valley Police Check. Buckinghamshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
Our values are what make our culture at BCC unique. We expect all our people to live them in their approach.
Ambitious; we want people with a strong desire and determination to succeed.
Accountable; Our people take pride in owning actions and decisions. It’s all about using our resources wisely and recognising that the public money we use is all going towards a better future.
Caring; we’re people, working for people. Being caring, kind and supportive is intrinsic.
Collaborative; Working in a team, sharing ideas and knowledge only means positive things.
We recognise and reward you
All experienced BCC Social Workers are entitled to a wide range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary which includes a 6% enhanced salary uplift
- ‘Golden Hello’ payment of up to £2,125 depending on experience
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) with employer contributions equivalent to 26.4% of salaries paid to scheme members
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) rising to 30 days (plus bank holidays) after more than 5 years’ service, with additional special leave as appropriate
- New BCC Car Lease Scheme.
- Car Allowance of £300 per annum. (if applicable)
- ‘Safe Haven’ Car Allowance of £300 p.a. (if applicable)
- Relocation Allowance of up to £8,000 (if applicable)
- BCC discounts on buses and trains
- Access to our corporate health and wellbeing services including: Employee Assistance Programme, Occupational Health Service
- Discounts at local gyms and wellbeing centres
- Seasonal health checks
- Social work career progression scheme
- Annual performance appraisal with a personal learning and development plan
Find out more here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv_VqOEqO_k&feature=youtu.be
- Social Worker JD (Microsoft Word Document)
- INFORMATION CANDIDATE PACK_March 2019 (Microsoft Word Document)