Social Worker - Adult Social Care- Learning Disabilities Team
“Alone we can do so little: together we can do so much”
Do you want to make a difference and work with a team that think the same? If so Bucks Learning Disabilities team needs you…...
We are recruiting for a qualified Social Worker to manage a caseload involving the assessment of client’s needs, determining the appropriate support plan / care package and ensuring its implementation to maintain or improve client wellbeing.
Our vision is simple. To make a real difference to the people and communities we serve, now, and for the future. Support is delivered through a strength based approach to create opportunities and support to build resilience and long term support networks. Our determination is to keep Buckinghamshire thriving and attractive to all residence. All whilst ensuring that we’re delivering value for money.
Our local communities are at the heart of everything we do and they really rely on the work we do. Whether it’s new roads being built, helping parents get their children a school place or providing essential support to vulnerable children or elderly residents, what we do touches the lives of everyone in Buckinghamshire. Take a look at our Strategic Plan which sets out our aims and priorities until 2020.
About the role
- Plan and implement interventions and actions for allocated cases and monitor and review cases.
- Providing professional advice and guidance
- Promote initiatives and share knowledge of best practice.
- Prepare material and act as witness and/or Officer of the Court when required
- Ensuring interventions are timely and cost effective
- Assisting with the preparation and submissions
- Contribute to budget planning as required
- May need to manage challenging behaviour and situations
Please see job description for further information
The qualified candidate will have the knowledge and experience:
- A qualified professional with experience and knowledge of the service area
- Planning and workload management skills
- Ability to work with challenging client groups
- Knowledge of legislation
- Accurate record keeping and report writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- registered with the HCPC and holding a professional social work qualification
We offer various possible training opportunities such as BIA, PBS, Amph
Buckinghamshire CC is an easy to commute to from London, Bedfordshire, Oxfordshire, Berkshire and Hertfordshire
Ambitious. Accountable. Caring. Collaborative.
Our values are what make our culture at BCC unique and we expect all our people to live them in their approach. Ambitious. We want people with a strong desire and determination to succeed. Accountable. Our people take pride in owning actions and decisions. It’s all about using our resources wisely and recognising that the public money we use is all going towards a better future.Caring. We’re people, working for people. Being caring, kind and supportive is intrinsic. Collaborative. Working in a team, sharing ideas and knowledge only means positive things. By creating more effective solutions together, we are able to deliver better outcomes to the county as a whole.
We recognise and reward you
Hard work and success deserves recognition. That’s why we pride ourselves on the benefits we give our people. We actively encourage a good work-life balance and promote flexible and agile working arrangements. We provide discounts on various Cafés, restaurants, shops and auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme with an employer contribution of 26%. We also offer a salary sacrifice personal car lease scheme and the opportunity to gain membership to Costco. We have discounted gym memberships, Travel discounts with Arriva and Chiltern Railways and much more.
That’s why we pride ourselves on the benefits we give our people and have just reviewed and improved our offer to frontline social workers.
Our salaries for experienced workers range from £30874 to £39126 and on top of this we offer:
- A ‘Golden Hello’ lump sum payment of £1000 to Range 6 and £2,000 to Range 7 (paid on completion of successful probation)
- Support for a good work-life balance and flexible working
- 12 – 15 days training, learning and development offer
- Lease car scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounted membership to a wide range of shops, travel companies, gyms etc
- 192735_PC07OrevisedOct16_Senior_sc_professional (Microsoft Word Document)