We are one of the largest employers in the County, and we’re offering a fantastic opportunity for 2 apprentices to join our IT Operations Team in Technology Services. Working closely with our First, Second and Third Line technicians as they support our existing and new customers’ IT requirements, you’ll combine work-based training along with achieving an Advanced (Level 3) apprenticeship qualification in IT.
Technology Services provides IT solutions and support to 3500 corporate customers. We work to targets and service levels with our customers and you’ll be responsible, after training, for the quality of information logged into our Service Management system and to successfully resolve customer IT issues, in a timely manner.The work is customer facing, fast paced, reactive and sometimes challenging. Our main hours of operation are 8:00-17:30 Monday-Thursday and 08:00-17:00 Fridays. You will be expected to work across the teams during your apprenticeship to ensure that you get as much exposure and experience as possible.
About the role
Specific duties will include (but aren’t limited to):
- the timely and accurate logging of customer requests and issues from both phone calls and incoming emails
- providing advice and solutions to customer issues; using the formal call logging system and be responsible for the quality of the information recorded – to be able to produce clear descriptions relating to user problems that ensure timely and efficient solutions.
- recognising when a call is urgent and escalate accordingly
- carrying out configuration and testing of new kit prior to install with the customer
- Microsoft Office skills (Word/Excel/PowerPoint).
- General IT skills.
- Confident using the telephone and to communicate well orally and in writing.
- Able to deal calmly and politely with customers
- Able to work as part of a busy support team
- Able to build relationships with both internal and external customers
- A keen interest in IT
- The ability to work as part of a team, whilst remaining self-motivated in managing your own workload.
- Demonstrable customer service skills when dealing with clients.
- Able to express views clearly and concisely and get on well with a variety of people.
- Responds positively to feedback and knows when to ask for support.
For Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship - Qualified to Level 1 or above in Literacy and Numeracy (GCSE grades A* - C/9-4 or equivalent), or Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship Qualification.
- Location: Aylesbury
- Advert closing date: 28th June 2019
- Possible Starting date: 22nd July 2019
- Duration of Apprenticeship: 18 months
- Weekly wage: £166.50/ week (£8,658.00 p.a) You are also eligible to: join our Pension scheme; get 50% off of Arriva bus travel, 34% off of Chiltern Railways services; receive a range of discounts through our Employee Benefits scheme.
- Reality Check:
This is a full time position working a 37 hour week Monday to Friday.
Our apprenticeship roles are on a fixed term contract for the duration of the apprenticeship. Level 3 is usually for about 18 months.
The ability to converse with ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post (Code of Practice: English language requirements for public sector workers 2016)
- Contact: Lynne Roberts Lroberts@buckscc.gov.uk
- 01)IT Apprentice (Level 3) JD for Adverts (Microsoft Word Document)