Business Administration Apprentice (Registration Service)
We are looking for a good communicator who enjoys working in a team to join our Registration service. Working towards an Advanced (Level 3) apprenticeship, you will provide efficient business and administrative support, including support of office and team processes and systems, and support on specific projects
You will be £140.23 per week and you are also eligible to 50% off Arriva bus travel and 34% off Chiltern Railways services.
We manage the registration of births, deaths and marriages as well as offering additional services such as Nationality Checking Service and Change of Name service.
About the role
This Advanced (Level 3) apprenticeship role will provide business and administration support for a variety of projects within our Registration team. We manage the registration of births, deaths and marriages as well as offering additional services such as Nationality Checking Service, European Passport Returns Service and Change of Name service.
As there is an element of face to face with customers, the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post. (Code of practice: English language provision for public sector workers 2016).
This role may include activities such as:
- Receiving and making telephone calls and taking messages
- Dealing with customer and colleague enquiries
- Using databases and bespoke software
- Collating, photocopying & distributing documentation
- Creating records and keeping them up to date
This is a full time position working a 37 hour week Monday to Friday. You may occasionally be required to work at our office in Beaconsfield.
- Good standard of written work with accurate spelling and grammar
- Able to organise own work and achieve deadlines
- Understanding of general administrative procedures
- Microsoft Office skills (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook)
- Good IT skills and the ability to use database
- Able to communicate well verbally and in writing
- Able to deal calmly and politely with members of the public
- Able to use initiative and work independently
- Good attention to detail
- Confident in telephone use
Qualified to Level 1 or above in Literacy and Numeracy (GCSE grades A* - C or equivalent), OR Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship Qualification.
Our apprentices are employed by SEAC, to apply for this role please contact SEAC SEAC website
Closing date: 25 June 2017
This is a full time position working a 37 hour week Monday to Friday.
Email to a friend