Sports Coach - Bourton Meadow Team
At Bourton Meadow Academy, we currently have a vacancy in our outstanding PE team, which we wish to fill as soon as possible.
Contract Type: Permanent
Working hours: 35 Hours per week, term time only including 5 inset days
Salary Range: Bucks pay range 1 – point 6-10 (depending on experience)
£15,107 - £17,946 (this is Full time equivalent. Actual salary will reflect 39 weeks a year worked and hours agreed)
Bourton Meadow Academy is very proud to be part of the Bourton Meadow Education Trust. Under the trust umbrella, we work closely with the well established George Grenville Academy and Lace Hill Academy. Being part of an education trust accentuates our ability to offer exciting development opportunities to all staff whatever their current job role or experience and help to ensure all staff achieve their professional aspirations. At Bourton Meadow Academy we currently have vacancies to join our outstanding team, starting in September 2018. It is our expectation that our teachers will enable children to grow into good citizens, equipped with skills for the 21st Century whilst promoting a love of education that develops children to continue learning throughout their school lives.
About the role
We seek to employ a dynamic and enthusiastic sports coach with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Initially, the role will be based at Bourton Meadow Academy but opportunities may develop to work across the Bourton Meadow Education Trust (BMET) and at other schools in Buckinghamshire. The role will involve teaching class PE and games following the National Curriculum, running lunchtime & after-school clubs, helping at competitions and developing high quality links between school and outside agencies. Ideally, the successful candidate will have a level 2 Sports Coach qualification but this is not essential. A UK driving licence is also required.
- To deliver the Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 physical education programme.
- To be responsible for planning, delivering and monitoring a co-ordinated programme of activities, to include games, dance, gymnastics, athletics and outdoor and adventurous activities.
- To provide high quality coaching and physical activity programmes to support the delivery of high quality sports days and festivals of intra-school and inter school sport.
- To lead the delivery of lunchtime and after-school clubs. To ensure that positive measures are implemented to encourage the participation of disadvantaged groups of individuals.
What we can offer you:
A structured training year with the Head of PE following the ‘Sports Coach Trainee’ programme.
- a wide range of physical activity aspects
- learning to differentiate coaching to different abilities
- using self-evaluations as part of the teaching process
- developing subject knowledge to assist outstanding teaching to the National Curriculum
Experience working with primary school children of all ages
Paid training courses in areas such as first aid, child protection and safeguarding
- Enthusiastic and a good time keeper
- Quality minded and physically fit
- Able to work on your own and/or as part of a team
- Well presented and excellent interpersonal skills
- Good communication and organisational skills
Ideally you will also have:
- previous experience of sports coaching
- previous experience of working with children
For an information pack and application form please contact the school office on 01280 823374 or via e-mail: email@example.com.
Please support your application with a covering letter on how you feel you meet the above qualities.
Closing date Friday 17th August 2018.
Interviews: w/c 3rd September. Start date asap.
Bourton Meadow Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check, references and the right to work in the UK.
Email to a friend