Business Support Apprentice
We are one of the largest employers in the county, and our Corporate Business Support teams provide support to a variety of projects across the organisation. We are looking for an enthusiastic apprentice to join our Central Support Team to support Children’s Social Care whilst completing a Level 2 Business Administration Apprenticeship.
About the role
We are looking for a motivated, honest individual to work as part of a team to support a group of Social Work professionals and administrators with a variety of administration duties; providing an efficient and cost effective business support to meet our customer’s needs.
We can offer a really supportive work environment with good prospects to career development, peer support and regular 121 supervisions.
The role will involve varied duties including some or all of:
- Responding promptly to email requests
- Answering calls and taking clear messages
- Speaking directly with customers
- Updating our finance and Social Care databases
- Organising meeting, attend and taking notes
- Providing admin assistance to Social Care staff as required
- Dealing with sensitive incoming and outgoing post
- Ordering and maintaining stationery supplies
- Filing and archiving client folders accurately
- Maintaining performance data records
- Typing letters and correspondence
- Photocopying, scanning and faxes, printing
- Any other reasonable request from your line manager
- Good written and verbal communication
- Good ICT skills (examples may include: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Planning and time management
- Good attention to detail
- Able to work at a fast pace
- Demonstrate an excellent work ethic in terms of attendance, performance and attitude
- Be enthusiastic to learn new systems and processes
- Able to organise work and achieve deadlines
- Able to use initiative
- The ability to converse with ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post (Code of Practice: English language provision for public sector workers 2016).
- Good team player
- Able to express views clearly and politely
- Willing to undertake a range of different task as required
- Motivated to do what needs to be done
- Understand confidentiality and respect sensitive information
- Caring and considerate of other
- Ambitious to develop skills and experience
Qualifications required: Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship - Qualified to Level 1 or above in Literacy and Numeracy (GCSE grades A* - G or equivalent)
The role is based at our Wycombe Area Offices in Easton Street, High Wycombe but you could be asked to travel to other locations within the county with travel expenses paid.
The salary will be £140.23 per week for everyone in their first year. In the second year, candidates who are aged 19 or over will move to the appropriate national minimum wage
This is a full time position working a 37 hour week. Monday – Thursday 9:00-17:30 (1 hour lunch) / Friday 9:00-17:00 (1 hour lunch).
The role will be for approximately 15 months.
Possible starting date: Early July
- The ability to converse with ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post (Code of Practice: English language provision for public sector workers 2016)
- Future Prospects - we cannot guarantee a permanent position following completion of the apprenticeship, however this is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience and be a part of a company that is committed to continually development and opportunities.
Email to a friend