Business Support Officer
We are looking to recruit a lively, enthusiastic administrator to work at a fast pace in our busy Specialist Business Support team. If you learn quickly and demonstrate the right work ethic we can offer you a friendly and supportive work environment.
About Buckinghamshire County Council
Our vision is simple - to make a real difference to the people and communities we serve, now, and for the future. This means safeguarding the vulnerable, creating opportunities, building self-reliance and keeping our County thriving and attractive while at the same time delivering value for money to our customers; the people of Buckinghamshire.
About the role
The role provides administrative support to a team of peripatetic teachers working in schools in Buckinghamshire to promote inclusive practice.
As part of a team your work will involve:
- Create documents, reports, correspondence etc from the information provided, using standard formats and software
- Identify areas where improvements could be made within own role / team
- Act as a Cost Centre Administrator completing financial transactions using the SAP financial system.
- Provide support to others during / after meetings.
- Inputting data accurately into ONE (the Service Database)
This is a Term Time Only role + 3 weeks.
You will be required to travel to Aylesbury at least once a week.
The team member we are looking for must:
- Be lively and enthusiastic and have the ability to multi task and work at a fast pace.
- Be happy to work in a constantly changing environment.
- Demonstrate an excellent work ethic in terms of attendance, performance and attitude.
- Be able to use Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint to at least intermediate level (this will be tested at interview)
- Be familiar with the internet and web based applications
- Be quick and enthusiastic to learn new systems
- Be able to listen and summarise what you hear into succinct notes (this will be tested at interview)
- Have a very good standard of written grammar and punctuation (this will be tested at interview)
- Have an excellent telephone manner and experience of dealing with customers
- Demonstrate that you are caring and considerate of others
Please see the attached job description for further details.
If you have any questions please contact Belinda Nunn on
Tel No: 01296 387351/ 07825 420885
Email to a friend