Teacher of Business / ICT - Holmer Green Senior School
Holmer Green Senior School is looking to appoint an outstanding teacher to join our committed team of specialist staff in the BITE Faculty.
Required For September 2018
Main Pay Scale. Fringe Allowance payable.
NQTs Welcome to apply
Holmer Green is a popular 11 to 18 school with 890 students (100+ in the Sixth Form). Relationships at all levels are excellent and we are committed to the professional development of all our staff.
About the role
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The major task of teachers is to enable all students to achieve their full potential (social, physical, emotional and intellectual) by developing in them relevant skills, competencies, attitudes, concepts and knowledge. Teachers should use their professional judgements and skills to help students to acquire the confidence to tackle all aspects of learning throughout their lives. They should seek to enhance self-esteem and self-fulfilment of students through a supportive, encouraging, yet challenging approach to learning.
- Ensure that all teachers across the Department have access to high quality curriculum and syllabi material in order to promote effective learning.
- Teachers will achieve these aims by working at or towards the professional standards at the appropriate level. All teachers will be expected to prepare, teach, mark work and keep appropriate records of assessment of designated groups within Team or Departmental areas in accordance with school and department policies. A wide variety of teaching styles suited to the needs of individuals and small groups as well as whole classes should be adopted.
- All teachers will be expected to work collaboratively with other staff as members of teams, departments and/or other cross-curricular groups. They will contribute their own particular talents and skills to such groups to aid the production of new initiatives, policies, resources, schemes of work etc.
More information in the Job Description attached below.
We are looking for a passionate person who is ambitious for our students and community and will support our inclusive ethos.
Applications are sought from high calibre professionals who have the skills and talent to continue to develop the faculty and work as part of our committed team.
Knowledge, and Experience:
- Up to date and working knowledge of the teaching of Business and ICT/Computing etc and appropriate resources which delivers outstanding teaching and learning opportunities.
- Good knowledge and understanding of learning and teaching at KS3, 4 and 5.
- Excellent subject knowledge
- Excellent behaviour management skills
More information in the person specification attached below.
Please apply by sending a completed Holmer Green Senior School Application Form with covering letter addressed to the Headteacher.
For an application pack, please see our website www.hgss.co.uk or contact Ms Liz Plascott directly on 01494 719907 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday 8 June 2018 9.00am
THE SCHOOL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO INTERVIEW AND APPOINTMENT A SUITABLE CANDIDATE BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE!!
All appointments are made subject to satisfactory Enhanced DBS, qualification and pre-employment checks.
Email to a friend