Teacher of Maths - Holmer Green Senior School
Holmer Green Senior School is looking to appoint an outstanding teacher to join our committed team of specialist staff in Maths.
Main Pay Scale.
Fringe Allowance payable.
NQTs and experienced teachers welcome to apply
Required for September 2018
The School reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the closing date.
Holmer Green Senior School is a highly successful and popular 11-18 school with 890 students (100+ in the Sixth Form). Relationships at all levels are excellent and we are committed to the professional development of our staff.
Please visit our website: www.hgss.co.uk
About the role
Duties and Responsibilities
- The major task of teachers is to enable all students to achieve their full potential (social, physical, emotional and intellectual) by developing in them relevant skills, competencies, attitudes, concepts and knowledge. Teachers should use their professional judgements and skills to help students to acquire the confidence to tackle all aspects of learning throughout their lives. They should seek to enhance self-esteem and self-fulfilment of students through a supportive, encouraging, yet challenging approach to learning.
- Teachers will achieve these aims by working at or towards the professional standards at the appropriate level. All teachers will be expected to prepare, teach, mark work and keep appropriate records of assessment of designated groups within Team or Departmental areas in accordance with school and department policies. A wide variety of teaching styles suited to the needs of individuals and small groups as well as whole classes should be adopted.
- All teachers will be expected to work collaboratively with other staff as members of teams, departments and/or other cross-curricular groups. They will contribute their own particular talents and skills to such
Please see the attached Job Description for more information about this role.
We are looking for a passionate person who is ambitious for our students and community and will support our inclusive ethos.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Up to date and working knowledge of the teaching of mathematics etc and appropriate resources which delivers outstanding teaching and learning opportunities.
- Good knowledge and understanding of learning and teaching at KS3, 4 and 5.
- Excellent subject knowledge
- Excellent behaviour management skills
Please see the attached Person Specification for more information.
Please apply by sending a completed Holmer Green Senior School Application Form with covering letter addressed to the Headteacher.
For an application pack, please see our website www.hgss.co.uk or contact Ms Liz Plascott directly on 01494 719907 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday 25 May 2018 9.00am
All appointments are made subject to satisfactory Enhanced DBS, qualification and pre-employment checks.
Email to a friend