Class Teacher for SLD (Communication and Interaction) - Furze Down School
Class Teacher for SLD pupils aged 11-19 with Complex Communication and Interaction Needs including Autistic Spectrum Conditions
We are seeking to appoint an excellent teacher who can deliver an exciting and innovative learning programme that focuses on Communication and Interaction and the development of Physical, Social and Emotional skills through relevant age appropriate topics and some discrete subject teaching.
Main Pay Range-UPR2 + SEN1 (TLR available for candidates with suitable experience)
September 2018 or sooner
All the posts advertised are full time posts but flexible working hours will also be considered.
Furze Down School provides a supportive and aspirational environment for children with complex Special Educational Needs (4-19). The school was recognised as being ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in 2006, 2009 and 2014.
Our Specialist SEN Status was awarded in July 2009 in recognition of our leading practice in supporting children with Communication and Interaction difficulties, and this became the starting point for us to develop as a Centre of Excellence for SEN.
Our values of personal responsibility and self- respect have been instrumental in developing an ethos where views, beliefs and differences are valued.
Please visit our website: www.furzedown.bucks.sch.uk
About the role
Due to the nature of the pupils Special Educational Needs, this role would suit either a Primary or Secondary practitioner with a passion for teaching in a cross curricular way.
This role would suit either a primary or secondary practitioner and we are particularly interested in teachers with any of the following subject specialisms.
- Art, Design and Technology
- Music and Performing Arts
- Food Technology and Hospitality
Demonstrate a commitment to the following:
- Raising achievement for all
- Actively promoting inclusion
In return we can offer you:
- A school committed to your professional learning and development
- A supportive work environment which values (and challenges) everyone
- An exciting, vibrant and creative place to work
- New facilities and a supportive staff team
The ideal candidate will be confident in planning and designing learning programmes for pupils accessing learning at Entry and GCSE Level (Year 2-6 of the Primary National Curriculum)
The successful candidate will:
- Be competent in all elements of the relevant Teachers’ Standards; an outstanding practitioner
- Show evidence that their contribution to their current place of work has impacted significantly on pupil outcomes across a range of abilities
- Have a strong working knowledge of the primary and/or secondary curriculum and how it can be modified to meet the needs of SEN pupils within the Communication and Interaction Strand
- Show evidence of effective team-building and collaboration resulting in genuine impact on standards
- Be able to build positive relationships with parents and carers so that they can support their children’s progress
For further information about our school, job description, person specification and application form please visit www.furzedown.bucks.sch.uk
Informal visits to the school are welcome.
Arrangements can be made through the school office. Tel 01296 711380
We are holding an open afternoon on Wednesday 14th March at 2pm if you are interested in finding out more about the school prior to applying for a post.
Closing date for applications Friday 23rd March 2018 10am
Interviews will take place week commencing Monday 26th March 2018
We reserve the right to close applications early if we receive sufficient, quality applications.
Furze Down School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check before they are appointed.
Email to a friend