Chef - Swanbourne House School
We are seeking to appoint a proactive, enthusiastic, confident Chef to work in this inspiring school.
Start Date. March/April 2018.
Salary. Highly competitive, dependant on experience
Contract Type: Full-time (52 weeks' per year/term time available)
Contract Term: Permanent.
Swanbourne House is a friendly, family orientated preparatory school with strong boarding, positioned in the beautiful Buckinghamshire countryside.
Located on 55 acres of north Buckinghamshire countryside and boasting unrivalled facilities, our vision for a child's education encompasses mind, body and character. Individual focus ensures each child’s personal ambitions can be achieved, and often exceeded. As we prepare children for entry to public school at 13, we aim to ensure that each child is well-grounded socially, academically, in sport and in the arts.
Please visit our website: http://www.swanbourne.org
About the role
At Swanbourne House we pride ourselves on providing the highest level of catering to over 450 pupils per day. In addition we also take charge of catering for special dietary requirements, external & internal events (including corporate), fine dining and League Feasts. This can be a challenge and therefore the successful candidate would be able to ensure the specific needs of our guests, pupils and staff are met at all times.
We focus on excellent delivery of food, using fresh local produce and all food is cooked fresh on the day. We operate a seasonal 5 choice menu for our pupils.
The right candidate will be looking for a challenge within a rewarding environment and will work with our Catering Team to provide high standard, wholesome meals that sit within company guideline.
The successful candidate will be a Chef who has experience with working in a high busy kitchen that produces and delivers in high volume. They will show enthusiasm, passion and drive when guiding existing catering staff. In addition they will have the ability and experience to cater for functions on an ad-hoc basis from banqueting to evening fine dining.
What are we looking for?
- A customer driven team member who has the ability to work with children and young people
- An engaging communicator and team player who is happy to lead by example
- Previous experience and passion for Catering, ideally on a larger scale
- The desire to innovate and produce food of outstanding quality
- Good knowledge of health and safety/ hygiene laws HACCP and standards
- NVQ or equivalent qualification in a Catering related role and valid food hygiene certificate
- Ability to demonstrate expert experience in dietary & restrictive cooking, as well as ability to facilitate the training needs of others in this subject
Applications. The Job Description, Person Specification and Application Form can be found from our website: www.swanbourne.org.
Completed Application Forms. Your completed Application Form and Covering Letter must reach the School by midday Friday 23rd March 2018.
Interviews. It is intended that a first round of interviews will be conducted as suitable applicants are received.
- Applications should be addressed to Mr S Barboteau, General Services Manager, Swanbourne House School, Swanbourne, Near Milton Keynes, MK17 0HZ
- Any queries please contact Mrs K Hawes, on 01296 720264 or email email@example.com
Acknowledgement. If you wish the safe receipt of your application to be acknowledged, then please enclose a stamped addressed envelope.
Swanbourne House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity. The supplied references will be taken up and the School may approach previous employers to verify particular experience or qualifications. The successful candidate will need to complete a medical questionnaire.
Email to a friend