Teacher - Chiltern Wood School
We have a vacancy for a teacher in our school – this would be in one of our departments for children with moderate or severe learning difficulties, including those with Autism Spectrum Condition.
MPS/UPS (£22,917 - £38,633) + SEN point (£2,106)
Chiltern Wood School is an expanding Special School currently supporting over 200 students ranging from ages 3 to 19 years. The school is located over two sites in Cressex and Downley, formally Chiltern Gate and Maplewood Schools. We offer the opportunity to become part of a team of caring professionals during an exciting stage in the school’s development, and contribute purposefully to meeting the special educational needs of children in the High Wycombe area.
For full details please visit www.chilternwood.bucks.sch.uk
About the role
You will be well supported by welcoming and knowledgeable staff within a well-run, hard-working school which holds as its core value the wellbeing of its pupils, parents and staff.
Main purpose of the job:
- Be responsible for the learning and achievement of all pupils in the class/es ensuring equality of opportunity for all
- Be responsible and accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct
- Treat pupils with dignity, building relationships rooted in mutual respect, and at all times observing proper boundaries appropriate to a teacher’s professional position
- Work proactively and effectively in collaboration and partnership with learners, parents/carers, governors, other staff and external agencies in the best interests of pupils
- Act within, the statutory frameworks, which set out their professional duties and responsibilities and in line with the duties outlined in the current School Teachers Pay and Conditions Document and Teacher Standards (2012)
- Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school
The Governing Body are looking to appoint a Class Teacher to work within one of our departments teaching children and young people with moderate or severe learning difficulties, including those with ASC. The successful candidate will have a strong desire to work with a challenging and rewarding group of pupils, and have an understanding of pupils with autism.
Please see the Job Description & Person Specification attached below for more information about this role.
Applications To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Midday, Wednesday 21st March 2018
Interviews: Monday 26th March 2018
Chiltern Wood School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory, Enhanced DBS, qualifications and reference checks.
Email to a friend