Deputy Headteacher - Carrington Junior School
We need an inspirational and dynamic deputy Headteacher to work in partnership with our new Headteacher to provide excellent strategic leadership by ensuring first class outcomes and achievement for all our pupils.
Salary Full Time £ 43,000 - £47,967, more may be available for an exceptional candidate
Required for September 2018
Part time and job share may be considered
Carrington Junior School is a happy and caring village school which has flourished over the last few years in an area of expanding population. The school has 1960s buildings on a large level site in the centre of Flackwell Heath; a vibrant community in South Bucks village with mixed social structure. The school is easily reached by road from a wide area being easily accessible from M40 and M4.
Visit our website: www.carringtonjs.co.uk
About the role
Why is this post special?
This is a big opportunity for a creative and motivational practitioner to develop their career and make a real difference to the children in our school.
Main purpose of the post
- To work in partnership with Headteacher and senior leadership team to effectively lead and manage the school and deputise for the Headteacher in her absence.
- To take a lead on Curriculum and assessment
- Share the lead with Headteacher on Safeguarding
- There is an expectation to have a teaching role
- The school is currently oversubscribed and new build locally means the population is growing.
- There is potential for expansion of the school and collaboration with the infant school on adjacent site.
- There is an expectation that the school will move to academy status over the next 2 years and an opportunity for the DHT to support the school and Governors in the transition.
The successful candidate will be:
- An outstanding and innovative practitioner with a professional attitude and clear vision for raising standards and be committed to inclusion and the rights of all children.
- Motivated, creative and a good team player.
- Committed to working in partnership with parents and the community with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Understand and support the logistics of running a school in a safe and calm manner.
- Experienced in implementing improvements at whole school level.
- Able to mentor junior members of the teaching staff.
- Able to act as Designated Safeguarding Lead (specialist training will be given).
If these challenges appeal we welcome the opportunity to hear from you. Visits to the school are welcome – please call 01628 521457 to arrange.
Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com
Closing Date: 27th February at 12 noon
Interviews: Wednesday 7th March
Carrington Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check. All posts are subject to a probationary period.
Email to a friend