Deputy Headteacher - Buckingham Park Church of England Primary School
Contract type: Permanent
Working hours: Full Time
Salary: Leadership Scale 8 – 12
The school is based at the centre of Buckingham Park, a large housing development at the northern side of Aylesbury town centre. The school is inclusive to all and provides a high quality, broad and balanced curriculum, which is appropriate for children of all abilities, irrespective of their ethnicity, social background or faith. Our admission policy reflects this by prioritising local children.
The school opened in September 2012. We have two classes in each year group and an on-site nursery with morning and afternoon sessions.
For more information about the school, please visit our school website: www.buckinghampark.org
About the role
We are looking for a Deputy Headteacher who:
- Will inspire and motivate children;
- Can work effectively as part of a team and, with the Headteacher, contribute to the strategic direction of the school;
- Is an outstanding teacher with excellent assessment and curriculum knowledge;
- Supports the Christian values and ethos of our school;
- Can motivate and develop positive relationships with staff, parents and children;
- Has proven interpersonal and people skills;
- Can lead by example, coaching and mentoring teachers to raise standards, accelerate progress and support high quality teaching and learning.
In return we offer you:
- Good support from the headteacher and governing body;
- A strong commitment to your professional development;
- A growing, over-subscribed, popular local school
- A modern and well-resourced building
If you have any further questions, or if you would like to discuss the role further, please do not hesitate to contact me. Please use the school email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We ask that all applicants use the school’s application form.
Closing date: 20 February 2018, 12pm
Interviews will take place on Friday 23 February (and a decision made that day so that teachers can resign from current posts before the end of February).
Start date: 16 April 2018
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
Email to a friend