Teaching Assistant - Bourton Meadow Academy
2 x Teaching Assistants to work 1:1 with pupils in Year 1 and Year 5
32.5 hours a week. (8.30 – 3.30 with 30 minutes lunch)– Pro Rata. Permanent.
Bucks Pay Range 1B point 6 -10 (£15,084 - £17,768 FTE)
At Bourton Meadow Academy, we strongly believe that education and learning should be fun and your child’s happiness is our number one priority. Bourton Meadow is a place where children learn, develop and yet enjoy themselves in a totally safe and friendly environment.
Please visit our website: http://www.bourtonmeadow.co.uk
About the role
We are looking to employ 2 talented and passionate individuals who are experienced in managing challenging behaviours and for one position ideally have some knowledge of Autism.
We want these staff members to embrace our values and vision, putting the child at centre of all we do. Ultimately, we want individuals who can inspire children to learn and motivate them to succeed.
- Meeting with the child at the start of each day to set expectations
- Delivering the provisions detailed on the child’s support plan/EHCP
- Supporting the child inside /outside class to build positive relationships
- Motivating the child through identify what drives them to succeed
- Managing challenging incidents inside/outside the classroom
- Developing and maintaining a purposeful environment where the child can work in a quiet space as and when required
- Liaising with outside agencies to support the child’s individual needs appropriately
- Having regular communication with parents to provide feedback
- Having regular communication with relevant staff to provide feedback
- Liaise closely with the SENCo
- Tracking the child’s progress with evidence
- Developing a personalised timetable
- Creating tasks/projects that meet curriculum requirements and engage the child
- Having strong organisational and administrative skills
- Able to build positive relationships with children, parents and staff quickly
- Have a calm and nurturing nature
- Have experience of supporting children with challenging behaviour
- Have experience of Autism
- Be highly motivated
- Be creative and inspirational in the delivery of the curriculum to the child
- Lead by example being an exceptional role model to our children
If you require further information or would just like a chat about the roles please contact Sarah Jones, SENCO and Deputy Headteacher, on 01280 823374.
To apply please complete the attached application and equalities form.
Closing date: Monday 26th February
Interviews week beginning: Monday 5th March
Bourton Meadow Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment checks including: an enhanced DBS check, references and the right to work in the UK.
Email to a friend