HLTA/Specialist Teaching Assistant (specialism in music would be ideal) - George Grenville Academy
Start date: As soon as possible
Hours: 21 hours (3 days) per week (8.30 – 4.00)
Salary: Bucks Pay Range 2 (A higher point may be available for exceptional applicants)
FTE Salary: £20,957 (Pro Rata)
George Grenville Academy wishes to appoint a highly enthusiastic, flexible and motivated higher-level specialist teaching assistant to join their friendly hard-working team.
With high expectations of all children and the ability to model the school values, you will be an excellent practitioner. This is an exciting time to be joining our school as we build and shape it for the future.
The school is currently looking to expand on its creative arts curriculum and an ability to plan and deliver whole class music lessons across the school would be ideal.
Please visit our website: http://www.georgegrenville.co.uk
About the role
The post will include:
- Assisting a class teacher in daily classroom support
- Delivering specialist lessons to groups of children or a whole class
- Planning, teaching and assessing in a specialist subject
- Leading after school clubs, and assemblies, with a focus on a specialist area
What we can offer you:
- A small, supportive and friendly work environment
- The chance to make a real difference to the future of the school
- Opportunities as the school grows and within the wider trust
- Training opportunities and a commitment to develop staff to ensure they achieve their professional aspiration.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an innovative and creative practitioner with a drive and a passion to ensure that all children achieve
- Be able to work as part of a team, sharing excellent practice and learning from others
- Be committed to working in partnership with staff, parents and children, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Have a genuine aspiration in wanting the best outcome for all children
- Have an ability to plan and deliver lessons in a specialist subject (ideally music) across the school
How to Apply:
Application forms can be obtained from the school office or school website.
Address: George Grenville Academy, Chandos Road, Buckingham, MK18 1AP
Phone: 01280 813273
All Applications/Queries Should Be Emailed To: email@example.com
Closing date: Tuesday 20th February 2018
Interviews: Week beginning 26th February 2018
George Grenville Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment checks including: an enhanced DBS check, references and the right to work in the UK.
Email to a friend