Class Teacher - Lace Hill Academy
Contract Type/hours: Permanent – Full Time
Salary Range: MPS
Lace Hill Academy opened in September 2015 as a brand new, state of the art academy it is one of three academies that form the Bourton Meadow Education Trust. We are looking to appoint a class teacher to join us from September 2018.
It is our expectation that teachers enable children to grow into good citizens, equipped with skills for the 21st Century whilst providing a love education that develops children to continue learning throughout their school lives.
Please visit our website: http://www.lacehillacademy.co.uk
The successful candidate will need:
- To promote lifelong learning
- To demonstrate an instinctive awareness of children’s wellbeing
- The ability to teach across all areas of the primary curriculum
- To plan, prepare and present engaging lessons that cater for the needs of the whole ability range within their class
- To organise the classroom environment to encourage a positive learning experience full of practical opportunities for all children to learn from
- To take responsibility for the progress of all children in their class with the ability to reflect on data and plan appropriate intervention
- To embed positive behaviour strategies within their classroom practice
- To provide feedback which enables all children to understand their next steps
- To meet with parents and carers to inform them of their child’s progress and next steps, throughout the school year
- To organise and take part in school events, outings and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening
- To have effective communication skills in order to liaise and work with colleagues to plan and coordinate work
- To be responsible for and lead a subject area, providing CPD for colleagues
- To meet with multi agencies and other professionals, if required, to strengthen inclusive practice
- To keep up to date with changes and developments in education
How to Apply:
Informal visits are welcomed and encouraged.
Visits available – 1st February 16:30, 6th February 17:00, 8th February 16:00, 20th February 17:30, 21st February 17:00 or at other times during the school day.
To arrange a visit please contact Elida Barson (Office Manager) on 01280 823747 or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For an application form please visit the jobs page on our website www.lacehillacademy.co.uk/jobs
Closing date: Monday 26th February 2018 12 noon
Interviews: Week beginning 5th March 2018
Lace Hill Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment checks including: an enhanced DBS check, references and the right to work in the UK.
Email to a friend