School Business Manager - Thomas Hickman School
Thomas Hickman School is seeking to appoint an experienced, professional and highly motivated candidate.
Contract type: Permanent
Location of role: Aylesbury
Hours: 30 hours per week, 42 weeks per year
Potential start date: T.B.C.
Salary: £22,658 - £24,964
Thomas Hickman School is a friendly, caring and lively community with delightful children. We are a two form entry school in Aylesbury with a dedicated team of professionals supporting our children along their learning journey. You will be joining a thriving school in Aylesbury, which received an Ofsted Good judgement.
Visit our website: http://www.thomashickman.bucks.sch.uk
About the role
- The SBM is the school’s leading support staff professional and assists the Headteacher in her duty to ensure that the school meets its educational aims.
- The SBM promotes the highest standards of business ethos within the administrative function of the school and strategically ensures the most effective use of resources in support of the school’s learning objectives.
- The SBM is responsible for the Financial Resource Management/ Administrative Management/ Facility & Property Management/ Health & Safety Management of the school.
We can offer:
- The chance to work with a committed and engaged Leadership team.
- The chance to grow and further develop the role as the school expands, and as experience and skills develop.
- Continuing professional development and support for training, for example including potential SBM qualifications in the future though this qualification would be desirable.
- Friendly and engaged pupils, staff and parents.
Please see the attached Job Description for more information.
Ideally we are looking for someone who has:
- Experience of school budget setting and monitoring
- High level organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and be flexible.
- The ability to work effectively at a strategic level with regard to financial planning.
- Experience of risk assessment and Health and Safety.
- Experience of managing contracts, including building projects and maintenance.
- The ability to lead, operate, maintain and develop the financial procedures and systems of the school in cooperation with Senior Leaders and Governors.
- Experience of SIMS, FMS and BCC planning software.
- The ability to produce and present accounts to the Governing Body.
Please contact the school via – 01296 485683 or email@example.com
Job specifications and application forms will be available from the School
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged.
Closing date: 12 noon 30th November 2017
Interview date: w/c 4th December 2017
Completed applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thomas Hickman School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
School Address: Belgrave Road, Aylesbury, Bucks, HP19 9HP
Email to a friend