Teaching Assistant- Cressex Community School
Do you want to make a real Difference?
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Teaching Assistant as part of our committed team to help support pupils in class and assist with education programmes.
High educational achievement and a positive attitude to learning are keys to lifetime success. At the Cressex Community School we firmly believe that high achievement for each and every student is our shared responsibility. As a team of staff, we aim to ensure that everyone in the school is able to achieve to her or his full potential and, we hope, to discover new skills and talents too. We want our learners to be happy, confident and to have high aspirations for themselves. When they leave us to move on to the next stage of education, training or employment, we want the young people educated here to be able to play a full role in society as successful, fulfilled citizens.
About the role
Required as soon as possible
Bucks Pay Range 2 – pro rata of £18,517 per annum
35 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (term time plus 5 training days)
Part-time hours may be available for exceptional candidate
The successful candidate will have:
- Successful experience of working with secondary school aged young people in a relevant setting
- A good understanding of legal requirements, processes and procedures relating to Child Protection and Safeguarding
- A good knowledge of strategies for communicating with young people and their parents/carers
- Good numeracy, literacy and I.T. skills
- Good basic educational qualifications plus relevant further qualification
- The ability to prioritise, be calm under pressure, well organised, emotionally resilient and resolute in seeking solutions to problems
- Commitment to working with students from a wide range of ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds
Candidates are required to have good literacy and numeracy skills
Address: Holmer’s Lane, High Wycombe HP12 4QA
Telephone: 01494 835102
Please apply for this position by completing an application form and a letter explaining how your experience fits you for the post.
Application forms and further details can be downloaded from our website: www.cressex.org. Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 12.00 midday Monday 25th September 2017
Interviews: Shortly thereafter
Cressex Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Email to a friend