Social Workers - Adults Learning Disabilities
We are currently recruiting for qualified Social Workers to undertake complex assessments to ensure that an appropriate range of identified services are provided to a designated person or group of people within our Adult Social Care Operations.
Our vision is simple. To make a real difference to the people and communities we serve. Now, and for the future. This means safeguarding the vulnerable, creating opportunities, building self-reliance and keeping Buckinghamshire thriving and attractive. All whilst ensuring that we’re delivering value for money.
Our local communities are at the heart of everything we do and they really rely on the work we do. Whether it’s new roads being built, helping parents get their children a school place or providing essential support to vulnerable children or elderly residents, what we do touches the lives of everyone in Buckinghamshire. Take a look at our Strategic Plan which sets out our aims and priorities until 2020.
About the role
In this key role you’ll work with adults, their families and support networks, or adults with learning disabilities, supporting them through changes in their lives and helping to build their community networks.
- Following referral, to establish the client's eligibility for assessment and determine the level of assessment required.
- To undertake complex assessments in conjunction with the client and/or their carers.
- Together with the client and/or their carers, to produce a care plan to meet the needs of the client which takes account of Departmental policies, guidelines and procedures.
- To ensure that the agreed care plan can be provided within the available budget.
- To monitor the care being provided to ensure that needs are continuing to be met.
- To re-assess clients’ needs periodically and, when appropriate, to amend the care plan following consultations with the clients and/or their carers.
- To provide on-going support and advice to clients and their carers.
- To identify areas of need which cannot be met and to systematically record and report the unmet need to the Team Manager.
- To bring to the notice of the Team Manager any instances of perceived failure of a provider to deliver the agreed level of service.
- To undertake duties under the Mental Health Act as appropriate.
- To maintain all necessary records and documentation in line with Departmental administration procedures and use computerised information systems.
- To take part in the Team Duty System where appropriate.
Please see the job description for further information.
The successful candidate will be an approved social worker (ASWE) with Social Work Qualification (DipSW, CQSW, CSS).
With experience of working within Social Care Services, care management and Community Mental Health Teams.
You will have knowledge of Mental Health Act, Code of Practice and the Care Program Approach to mental illness.
Excellent interpersonal skills are essential in working alongside people who are ill and/or under stress along with the ability to record accurately and produce reports at short notice.
Please note that there are positions available in Aylesbury, High Wycombe, and Countywide. Please state on your application which locations you would consider. A car user is essential.
Ambitious. Accountable. Caring. Collaborative.
Our values are what make our culture at BCC unique and we expect all our people to live them in their approach. Ambitious. We want people with a strong desire and determination to succeed. Accountable. Our people take pride in owning actions and decisions. It’s all about using our resources wisely and recognising that the public money we use is all going towards a better future. Caring. We’re people, working for people. Being caring, kind and supportive is intrinsic. Collaborative. Working in a team, sharing ideas and knowledge only means positive things. By creating more effective solutions together, we are able to deliver better outcomes to the county as a whole.
We recognise & reward you
Hard work and success deserves recognition. That’s why we pride ourselves on the benefits we give our people. Everything from a good work-life balance and flexible working to discounted public transport and sports centre membership.
Email to a friend