Teacher of English - Cressex Community School
Are you ready to play a key role in the further development of our thriving, multi-cultural secondary school? Our great students are at the heart of all we do. Our work on improving students’ skills in English is highly regarded. We are a strong department with a desire to keep improving. Our community deserves nothing less.
Job Salary: £23,720 - £39,406
Contract Type: Full time, permanent post
Hours: Full time
At the Cressex Community School we firmly believe that high achievement for each and every student is our shared responsibility. As a team of staff, we aim to ensure that everyone in the school is able to achieve to her or his full potential and, we hope, to discover new skills and talents too.
Our work on improving students’ skills in English is highly regarded. We are a strong department with a desire to keep improving. Our community deserves nothing less.
“A Good School” (Ofsted)
Please visit our website: www.cressex.org
About the role
We are looking for a creative and impactful colleague to:
- Engage and enthuse our students with stimulating English lessons
- Prepare students for external assessments in English Language and Literature
- Make a strong all-round contribution to the climate and ethos of the school
Please see the attached job description and person specification below for more information about this role and its requirements.
Why should you come to Cressex?
- A supportive and dedicated community of staff and governors
- A data-rich environment focused on raising standards for all
- A superb, state-of-the-art learning environment
We would welcome you for a visit to the school or for an informal discussion. Please apply for this position by completing an application form and a letter explaining how your experience fits you for the post.
Closing date: Friday 14th June 2019
Interviews: Shortly thereafter
Cressex Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- English candidate pack Summer 19 (PDF Document)
- Application Form Teaching (GDPR May 18) (Microsoft Word Document)