Teaching Assistant - Whitchurch Combined School
Required as soon as possible
Pay Range 1B: £16,032 - £18,305 Full Time Equivalent
Actual Salary approx: £8,957 - £10,227 per annum
25 hours per week, term time only
Fixed term contract – 1 year from September 2019.
Whitchurch Combined School is a village school just north of Aylesbury. We are a committed and enthusiastic team and are looking for the right person to join us.
Please visit our school website: www.whitchurchcombined.co.uk
About the role
We are looking for a hardworking, resilient person with a sense of fun who will always put the children first and is able to respond appropriately to the wide ranging needs of our pupils. You will have the opportunity to:
- Work with and support individuals or groups on specific activities;
- Constructively help children participate in activities by adapting and/or interpreting lessons and instructions accordingly.
- Implement support plans for identified child / children;
- Assist with the general management, supervision and organisation of children and any resources related to the children's needs.
- Assist with the supervision of children within the classroom and all other areas of the school as necessary.
Please see job description for further information.
Previous experience of working with children is essential.
We are looking for candidates who can show that they have:
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- The ability to use their own initiative;
- The ability to show patience, always remaining calm and consistent;
- A warm and approachable manner towards others
- Well organised but also flexible enough to respond to the needs and enthusiasms of individual children.
Above all we are looking for someone who has a belief in the unlimited potential of every pupil. If you think that person is you, we would be delighted to meet you!
Visits to the school are encouraged. Please contact the school office for further details or to arrange a visit on 01296 641418 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed applications should be e-mailed to the office e-mail address.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon, Friday 7th June 2019.
Interviews will take place on Friday 14th June 2019.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment will be subject to satisfactory DBS enhanced disclosure and references.
- Application Form Non Teaching - DBS (GDPR May 18) (Microsoft Word Document)
- TA job description (Microsoft Word Document)
- Teaching Assistant Person Specification (Microsoft Word Document)