Employer Liaison Officer
In this role you'll administer the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) as directed by the Principal Pensions Officer; in particular you will be responsible for processing year end returns from employers and resolving queries.
Bucks County Council is at the heart of the community delivering essential services seven days a week, all year round to over half million plus residents, businesses and visitors. Touching the lives of everyone, the Council provides over 100 services from childcare to countryside parks, schools to social care and from roads to the registry office. From over 500 different locations, more than 10,000 employees work hard to meet the challenge of delivering outstanding service across a portfolio of services.
About the role
You'll undertake the following tasks or check the tasks undertaken by colleagues as allocated daily:
- To assist with the processing of the annual year end returns from employers with details of employee contributions paid in the financial year.
- To assist with the bulk update of pensionable pay arising from contribution returns.
- To analyse the errors and warnings arising from this bulk update, raising any queries with employers which can’t be resolved.
- To work with the Treasury team in monitoring monthly contribution returns from employers to ensure the correct rates of employee and employer contributions.
- To develop effective working relationships with the Fund’s employers through employer visits.
- To provide training and guidance regarding the LGPS to employers.
- To maintain an employer contact list to enable effective communication with employers.
For an informal conversation about the role please contact Claire Lewis-Smith on 01296 383424 in the first instance.
- Relevant practical experience demonstrating development through a series of progressively more demanding and relevant work roles.
- Good knowledge of relevant systems, policies and regulations within a professional service area such as the function of the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Good knowledge of other areas of the authority relevant to the service.
- Good ICT skills - both standard packages and specialist systems (e.g. Altair).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to explain technical / specialist information in a way which a non-specialist can understand.
- You'll also be highly numerate and accurate with attention to detail
Technical Skills / Qualifications
- Educated to A level / HNC standard preferred (including Maths & English to GCSE)
- Relevant professional qualification preferred - or working towards this or relevant experience
- IPP (APSA) Qualification
- Good ICT skills - standard Microsoft packages / specialist systems
- Project management - basic skills
- Analytical skills
- Research skills
Buckinghamshire County Council is entering one of the most exciting periods of change in its history. We’re looking to become a more agile, commercial and digitally-focussed organisation. The aim? Benefit our residents and shape our county for the future. With substantial investment in place, we now need people who are determined to make this transformation happen. In return, we offer some of the best benefits around. Everything from a good work-life balance and flexible working to discounted public transport and sports centre membership
We recognise and reward you
Hard work and success deserves recognition. That’s why we pride ourselves on the benefits we give our people. We actively encourage a good work-life balance and promote flexible and agile working arrangements. We provide discounts on various Cafés, restaurants, shops and auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme with an employer contribution of 26%. We also offer a salary sacrifice personal car lease scheme and the opportunity to gain membership to Costco. We have discounted gym memberships, Travel discounts with Arriva and Chiltern Railways and much more.
- 01)JS - Employer Liaison Officer Summary FINAL (Microsoft Word Document)