KS2 Class Teacher - St James & St John Church of England Primary School
KS2 CLASS TEACHER – ST JAMES & ST JOHN CHURCH OF ENGLAND SCHOOL
Headteacher: Mrs Gill Pedder BEd (Hons)
Key Stage 2 Maternity Cover – Full Time, Fixed Term
Required September 2019
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative and innovative Key Stage 2 teacher to join our dynamic school where children are at the forefront of everything we do. We can offer you high quality and tailored professional development in order to pursue your career in the teaching profession.
St James & St John Church of England School is a very successful school, on a split site in the rural villages of Chackmore and Akeley. We have a highly professional team of teaching and support staff with a commitment to staff development at all levels.
About the role
Class Teachers will be designated a mixed ability class and may also teach a group of children set by ability.
It is the responsibility of the teacher to:
- Develop good subject knowledge across the primary curriculum;
- Demonstrate technical competence in teaching the basics of literacy and numeracy, e.g. phonics, mental maths etc.;
- Plan effectively in teams using the school system to set clear objectives and differentiate for differing abilities;
- Share learning objectives with the children;
- Challenge children through high expectations;
- Use pace in lessons to stimulate and motivate interest and inspiration;
- Use a range of approaches and methods appropriate to the lesson plan to best enable all pupils to learn effectively;
- Plan for cross curricular lessons within our whole school creative curriculum;
- Insist on high standards of behaviour;
- Plan for and use support staff effectively;
- Assess children thoroughly and regularly to inform planning and to provide data for the schools Assessment Manager and Headteacher;
- Plan homework to reinforce and extend what is learned in school;
- Set targets in numeracy/literacy and personal development each term through the school target setting arrangements;
- Mark work consistently to the learning objectives of the activity which should be clearly stated at the start of the work.
For more information, please see the attached job description.
The successful candidate will:
- be an excellent classroom practitioner
- have a proven track record for improving pupil progress
- have high expectations for the children they teach
- have a good understanding of behaviour management
- enjoy working within a team
- have an interest in new developments
- have a desire to be involved in school improvement
- be committed to working in partnership with parents
We can offer you:
- a warm welcoming inclusive school community
- enthusiastic children who deserve the very best
- support and encouragement for your professional development
NQT’s are welcome to apply.
St James & St John C of E School is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our pupils. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please ring to make an appointment.
Further information, including an application form, a job description and school prospectus, can be obtained from the school by email: email@example.com or by calling 01280 860272.
Address: Main Street, Chackmore, Buckinghamshire, MK18 5JE
Closing date: Friday 29th March 2019
Interview date: w/c Monday 01st April 2019
- Class Teacher Job Description - March 2019 (Microsoft Word Document)
- KS2 CLASS TEACHER Maternity Cover Fixed Term March 2019 (Microsoft Word Document)