EYFS Teacher - The Gerrards Cross CE School
Dates: Apply by 28 March 2019
Job start: September 2019
Salary: MPS or UPS according to experience + fringe Location: Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, SL9 8BD
Contract type: Full time post
Contract term: Permanent
The Gerrards Cross CE School is a highly regarded 2 form entry primary school, judged by Ofsted to be ‘Outstanding’.
About the role
To take overall responsibility for a class or groups of children as designated by the Head Teacher. This overall responsibility will include:
- The provision of a stimulating, efficient and attractive working environment.
- Planning, teaching, evaluating and developing agreed programmes of work to promote high educational achievement.
- Assessing, recording and reporting pupil progress in accordance with agreed school policy.
- Ensuring that the special needs of children are acknowledged and met as far as is possible and that individual children’s dignity and self-esteem are respected and enhanced.
- The management of children to ensure that they are aware of, and freely conform to, a framework of clear and sensible rules.
- Liaison with teaching and non-teaching staff, parents, governors, educational support services and other relevant agencies.
- Caring for and nurturing of each individual child, and alerting the Designated Person with any concerns.
- Welcoming parents as helpers and partners in the learning process of children.
- Responsibility for registration and other general administrative matters relating to the class.
- Upholding the school’s Christian ethos.
For more information, please see the attached job description.
Applicants need to be committed to delivering a broad and rich education; enjoy working in an experienced and skilled EY team led by a passionate and knowledgeable EYFS leader; and be supportive of our Church School ethos.
Our role would be suitable for either an NQT looking for an outstanding setting in which to start their professional journey; or a more experienced EYFS teacher who would like to develop their practice in a large and highly successful primary school where leadership development is particularly strong.
For more information, please see the attached person specification.
Visits to the school for all posts are warmly welcomed. Please telephone the school for an appointment to view, further details of the post and an application form. Candidates may also download an application form from the school’s website.
Please note that this post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks as our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our children in our care.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 28 March 2019 – noon
Please note that strong applications may result in the offer of interview before the closing date.
The Gerrards Cross CE School
Moreland Drive Gerrards Cross
Bucks SL9 8BD
Tel: 01753 882731
- Classteacher person specification (Microsoft Word Document)
- Class Teacher_Application_Form (Microsoft Word Document)
- Class teacher JD_January 2019 2 (Microsoft Word Document)