Design & Technology Technician - Aylesbury Grammar School
Full Time (38 Hours) – Term Time Only (39 weeks PA)
ISN 10 – 14 (Actual salary £15,099 - £17,370)
An exciting opportunity for a Design & Technology Technician.
The role is required as soon as possible to prepare materials, maintain stocks and to provide support in the classroom.
The Design & Technology Department has excellent facilities and the role offers an interesting range of tasks.
Aylesbury Grammar School is an academy grammar school for boys. Our broad curriculum and strong pastoral care create a culture of respect and aspiration.
To obtain further details please see our website http://www.ags.bucks.sch.uk/
About the role
Main duties and responsibilities
1. Maintain and operate the store system for tools and materials.
2. Maintain workshops, machines, tools and equipment, keeping departmental records up to date as necessary.
3. Order materials in conjunction with the Head of Department and Key Stage 3 Coordinator.
4. Receive stock order deliveries, check their contents and organise their storage.
5. Maintain the developing computerised stock order system.
6. Prepare materials and equipment for classroom use.
7. Work towards full workshop machine Health and Safety accreditation
Please see attached Job description & Person specification below for more information.
Have a good sense of humour
Be able to work independently and to a specification when required
Please apply to the Headmaster at the school using the application form on the school’s website, including your CV and giving the names and contact details of 2 professional referees.
Address: Walton Road, Aylesbury, HP21 7RP
Tel: 01296 484545
Fax: 01296 426502
Closing date for applications: Noon on Friday 1 March 2019
The School reserves the right to appoint a candidate to this post at any stage in the selection process.
AGS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service
- Application Form Support Staff (Microsoft Word Document)
- Design Technology Department June 2018 (PDF Document)
- DT Technician - Person Specification (PDF Document)
- DT Technician - Role Profile (PDF Document)