KS1 Teaching Assistant - Haddenham Community Infant School
Contract type: Fixed term (31.08.18), term time only.
Full or Part-time: 30 hrs per week (8.30am – 3.30pm, 1 hour unpaid lunch)
Start date: March 2019
Salary: £18,703 - £21,008 pro rata (depending on experience). Hourly rate is £7.90 - £10.89
Benefits: Discounts of 50% off of Arriva bus travel, 34% off of Chiltern Railways services and a range of discounts through our Employee Benefits scheme.
We are looking for an experienced, hardworking and resilient Teaching Assistant with a good sense of fun.
We are a small community infant school situated in Haddenham for children aged 4 to 7 years. At HCIS we believe that all children should have the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to achieve their full potential. We celebrate that each child has their own individual talents and aspirations and give all children an opportunity to develop these.
We have a wonderful team who offer support, commitment, motivation and fun!
Please visit our website for more information https://www.haddenhaminfant.bucks.sch.uk/website
About the role
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Working with and supporting individuals and groups on specific activities.
- Constructively helping children participate in activities by adapting and/or interpreting lessons and instructions accordingly.
- Assisting the teacher with the implementation of support plans for relevant children as required.
- Assisting with general classroom support and organisation including preparation of lessons.
- Assisting with the supervision of children within the classroom and all other areas of the school as necessary.
Please see attached document for a full job description.
Our ideal candidate will hold and level 2/3 Teaching Assistant qualification and have experience working in KS1.
First aid, safeguarding/child protection and fire training are desirable although training in these area can be provided if not.
Closing date: Monday 25th February 2019
Interview date: Thursday 28th February 2019
To apply please complete the application attached and send FAO Tasha Alleyne to email@example.com
Visits to the school are welcome, please contact Emma Lister on 01844 291207 to arrange this.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children, which will be reflected throughout recruitment. An enhanced DBS check is carried out on all staff prior to appointment.
- Application Form Non Teaching - DBS (GDPR May 18) (Microsoft Word Document)
- TA Job description 2019 (Microsoft Word Document)