Director of English - Cressex Community School
Are you ready to play a key role in the further development of our thriving, multi-cultural secondary school?Required for September 2019 or earlier if possible L10 – L14 (£49,937 - £55,064) Full time
At the Cressex Community School we firmly believe that high achievement for each and every student is our shared responsibility. As a team of staff, we aim to ensure that everyone in the school is able to achieve to her or his full potential and, we hope, to discover new skills and talents too.
Our great students are at the heart of all we do. Our work on improving students’ skills in English is highly regarded and our “value added” in English impressive. We are a strong department with a desire to keep improving. Our community deserves nothing less.
“A Good School” (Ofsted)
Please visit our website: www.cressex.org
About the role
We are looking for a creative and impactful colleague to:
- Inspire students in the classroom
- Lead our team of English specialists
- Ensure students are well prepared for examinations in English Language and Literature
Why should you come to Cressex?
- A supportive and dedicated community of staff and governors
- A data-rich environment focused on raising standards for all
- A superb, state-of-the-art learning environment
Please see the attached job description and person specification below for more information about this role and its requirements.
We would welcome you for a visit to the school or for an informal discussion. Please apply for this position by completing an application form and a letter explaining how your experience fits you for the post.
Closing date: 4.00pm Monday 28th January 2019
Interviews: Shortly thereafter
Cressex Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Director of English candidate pack Jan.19 (PDF Document)
- Application Form Teaching (Microsoft Word Document)