Business Support Administrator
On 01 November 2018, it was announced by the government that the five councils in Buckinghamshire will become a single unitary authority in April 2020. This is an exciting opportunity for all the councils in the county to come together to build a brand new council for Buckinghamshire, building on the best experience and expertise of the five current councils. We are developing plans with our District Council colleagues to build a new Unitary Council that is ambitious in its outlook, provides Buckinghamshire residents with simpler ways to access services that they need, and makes best use of public money. Any changes made to the structure of local authorities in the county may affect council employees in the future. Therefore, the five councils have agreed to restrict applications to this position to current employees of the five councils for a period of seven days from 2nd January 2019 to 9th January 2019. External candidates are welcome to submit their application at any point; however, if a current employee applies during this seven day period, their application will be assessed prior to the council considering applications from external candidates.
We are looking to recruit a lively, enthusiastic administrator to work at a fast pace in our busy Business Support team. If you learn quickly and demonstrate the right work ethic we can offer you a friendly and supportive work environment.
Our vision is simple - to make a real difference to the people and communities we serve, now, and for the future. This means safeguarding the vulnerable, creating opportunities, building self-reliance and keeping our County thriving and attractive while at the same time delivering value for money to our customers; the people of Buckinghamshire.
About the role
The role provides administrative support, including support of office and team processes and systems.
As part of a team your work will involve:
- To carry out the typing of reports, letters and other correspondence
- Actively contribute to the SAP Financial system for the completion of financial transactions.
- To organise, attend and minute meetings
- Deal with communications and enquiries and follow up with appropriate action
The team member we are looking for must:
- Be lively and enthusiastic and have the ability to multi task and work at a fast pace.
- Be happy to work in a constantly changing environment.
- Demonstrate an excellent work ethic in terms of attendance, performance and attitude.
- Be able to use Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint to at least intermediate level (this will be tested at interview)
- Be familiar with the internet and web based applications
- Be quick and enthusiastic to learn new systems
- Be able to listen and summarise what you hear into succinct notes (this will be tested at interview)
- Have a very good standard of written grammar and punctuation (this will be tested at interview)
- Have an excellent telephone manner and experience of dealing with customers
- Demonstrate that you are caring and considerate of others
Please see the attached job description for further details.
If you would like further information on the role please contact Karen Stewart, Business Support Coordinator:
Tel: 01296 383123
Ambitious. Accountable. Caring. Collaborative.
Our values are what make our culture at BCC unique and we expect all our people to live them in their approach. Ambitious. We want people with a strong desire and determination to succeed. Accountable. Our people take pride in owning actions and decisions. It’s all about using our resources wisely and recognising that the public money we use is all going towards a better future. Caring. We’re people, working for people. Being caring, kind and supportive is intrinsic. Collaborative. Working in a team, sharing ideas and knowledge only means positive things. By creating more effective solutions together, we are able to deliver better outcomes to the county as a whole.
We recognise and reward you
Hard work and success deserves recognition. That’s why we pride ourselves on the benefits we give our people. We actively encourage a good work-life balance and promote flexible and agile working arrangements. We provide discounts on various Cafés, restaurants, shops and auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme with an employer contribution of 26%. We also offer a salary sacrifice personal car lease scheme and the opportunity to gain membership to Costco. We have discounted gym memberships, Travel discounts with Arriva and Chiltern Railways and much more.
- 01)Job Summary BSA R2 (Microsoft Word Document)