WASPS Deputy Play Manager - Haddenham Community Infant School
Contract type: Permanent
Location of role: Haddenham Community Infant School
Full or Part-time: Part time. Term time 3pm – 6pm (Monday –Friday), school holidays 8am – 6pm (Monday – Friday)
Potential start date: February 2019
Salary: Bucks Pay Range 2 (£9.69 - £10.89 per hour, depending on experience)
WASPS is a wraparound care provider based at Haddenham Community Infant School for school age children between from Reception to Year 6. This club provides a quality play provision for children from Haddenham Community Infant School and our wider community in a secure, caring and happy environment. The many choices of activities will be closely linked to the ages and needs of the children and there will be opportunities for relaxation as well as play.
About the role
Working under the guidance of the Head teacher, you will be leading play workers to enable them to supervise groups of children and run activities such as arts and crafts and sports. The children attending the club are of primary school age (4-11).
- To facilitate creative play opportunities allowing for safe risks and challenges for all children.
- To maintain children’s safety at all times during attendance and inform the Play Leaders/other play workers of any likely causes of danger.
- To actively work as part of a team and support other team members to fulfil their roles.
- To work within appropriate administrative systems for the setting ensuring legal and regulatory requirements are met.
Please see more information in the Job Description attached below.
You must be a team player, able to use your own initiative. Good communication skills are essential as well as a good sense of humour!
Experience of working with children is essential as is a relevant qualification in childcare. Other training such as first aid and safeguarding is desirable although training will be provided.
How to apply:
Visits are welcome, please contact Richard on 07717 558318.
Details of whom to contact: Mrs Natasha Alleyne/Richard Lay - email@example.com
Tel: 01844 291207/07717 558318
Completed applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 21st January 2019
Interview date: Wednesday 23rd January 2019
Haddenham Community Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- Deputy Play Manager job decription 2018 (Microsoft Word Document)
- Application Form Non Teaching - DBS (GDPR May 18) (Microsoft Word Document)