Bursar - Tylers Green First School
Are you the person we are looking for?
Are you looking to be part of an enthusiastic, well - motivated and efficient office team?
Do you have a caring, friendly personality with a good sense of humour?
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, experienced and well- motivated person to be the School Bursar for 21-25 hours a week 39 weeks a year. Hours will be 9.00am-1.00pm four days a week and 9.00am-2.00pm one day a week. Hours offered are negotiable for the right candidate.
Salary: £21,379-£23,108 (pro rata) Actual salary: £10,267 (based on 21 hours)
Part time, term time only, permanent contract
Required for February or April 2019
We are a vibrant village school community. As an Infant school our children range from the ages of four to seven. We really enjoy working with the children to develop their learning and curiosity. We encourage our children to develop as active learners who can be independent and confident in their knowledge and skills.
About the role
Main Duties And Responsibilities:
The Bursar will organise, maintain and monitor the school’s financial systems in accordance with Buckinghamshire County LMS requirements and DCSF FSVS requirements.
- To manage the FMS package within SIMS.net ensuring information is entered, updated and maintained, this to include: -
- The preparation and, together with the Headteacher, the administration of the School’s Financial Plan using the 3 year budget modeller; adopting expenditure profiles to avoid over/under spend and, to manage agreed journals between budgets;
- To ensure orders / invoices for all necessary material and equipment are generated / processed; to manage the School’s debtor and creditor system and ensure that all procedures remain in line with agreed policies and financial regulations;
- An economic and effective purchasing practice in order to achieve value for money – particularly with regard to the supply of office supplies/equipment. To make ad-hoc purchases, agreed by the Headteacher, when necessary.
- To negotiate various services contracts with suppliers for recommendation to the Headteacher
- Supporting any staff responsible for delegated budgets with procedures which enable them to monitor these budgets.
A good knowledge of Sims systems and preferably Bucks Financial Systems is essential, however training and support will be offered as necessary for the right candidate.
Please see the attached Job Description for more information about this role.
Closing date for applications will be: Monday 21st January 2019 by 9.00 am whether by post or email.
The application form must be completed; the school cannot accept CV’s on their own. Applications by email need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and marked for the attention of the Headteacher, or by post to Tylers Green First School, School Road, Penn, High Wycombe, Bucks HP10 8EF
Interview date to be confirmed.
Visits to the school are highly recommended and warmly welcomed. Please make an appointment through the school office.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and to equality of opportunity. An enhanced DBS check will be required for this post.
- Application Form Non Teaching - DBS (GDPR May 18) (Microsoft Word Document)
- Job Description - Bursar December 2018 (Microsoft Word Document)