Social Worker - Adult Social Worker
We focus on person centred practice to enable people to stay safe; make choices about how they live their lives; and help them get the care and support they need.
We work in partnership with users and families, providers and health colleagues, often for many years.
“Alone we can do so little: together we can do so much”
Do you want to make a difference and work with a team that think the same? If so we need you...
Our vision is simple. To make a real difference to the people and communities we serve, now, and for the future. Support is delivered through a strength based approach to create opportunities and support to build resilience and long term support networks. Our determination is to keep Buckinghamshire thriving and attractive to all residence. All whilst ensuring that we’re delivering value for money.
Our local communities are at the heart of everything we do and they really rely on the work we do. Whether it’s new roads being built, helping parents get their children a school place or providing essential support to vulnerable children or elderly residents, what we do touches the lives of everyone in Buckinghamshire. Take a look at our Strategic Plan which sets out our aims and priorities until 2020.
About the role
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Following referral, to establish the client's eligibility for assessment and determine the level of assessment required.
- To undertake complex assessments in conjunction with the client and/or their carers.
- Together with the client and/or their carers, to produce a care plan to meet the needs of the client which takes account of Departmental policies, guidelines and procedures.
- To use the existing market place in order to obtain the most appropriate and cost effective supplier of services consistent with the needs of the client.
- To ensure that the agreed care plan can be provided within the available budget.
- To monitor the care being provided to ensure that needs are continuing to be met.
- To re-assess clients’ needs periodically and, when appropriate, to amend the care plan following consultations with the clients and/or their carers.
- To provide on-going support and advice to clients and their carers.
- To identify areas of need which cannot be met and to systematically record and report the unmet need to the Team Manager.
- To bring to the notice of the Team Manager any instances of perceived failure of a provider to deliver the agreed level of service.
- To undertake duties under the Mental Health Act as appropriate.
You will have great values and behaviours and hold a recognised health and/or social care qualification. A car user and registration with the HCPC is essential for this post.
- A qualified professional with experience and knowledge of the service area
- Ability to work with challenging client groups
- Knowledge of legislation
- Accurate record keeping and report writing
- Excellent team morale
- Registered with the HCPC and holding a professional social work qualification
- Access to / use of a vehicle is an essential requirement
Please see job description for further information
Some of examples of sector specific training that are available
- Safeguarding L1, L2 L3
- MCA / DOLS
- Epilepsy & Buccal Training
- End of Life training
- Infection Control
- Fire Safety
- First Aid
Interviews will potentially take place on the 20th/21st December 2018.
Ambitious. Accountable. Caring. Collaborative.
Our values are what make our culture at BCC unique and we expect all our people to live them in their approach. Ambitious. We want people with a strong desire and determination to succeed. Accountable. Our people take pride in owning actions and decisions. It’s all about using our resources wisely and recognising that the public money we use is all going towards a better future.Caring. We’re people, working for people. Being caring, kind and supportive is intrinsic. Collaborative. Working in a team, sharing ideas and knowledge only means positive things. By creating more effective solutions together, we are able to deliver better outcomes to the county as a whole.
We recognise and reward you
Hard work and success deserves recognition. That’s why we pride ourselves on the benefits we give our people. We actively encourage a good work-life balance and promote flexible and agile working arrangements. We provide discounts on various Cafés, restaurants, shops and auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme with an employer contribution of 26%. We also offer a salary sacrifice personal car lease scheme and the opportunity to gain membership to Costco. We have discounted gym memberships, Travel discounts with Arriva and Chiltern Railways and much more.
- 01)Social Worker - Adults Job role - Range 7 (Microsoft Word Document)