Caretaker - St Michael’s Catholic School
We are looking for a Caretaker to join our school.
Bucks Pay – Range 2 point 11 £18,703 - £21,008
Full time, 52 weeks
St Michael's Catholic School is a unique and distinctive Catholic all-through school in Buckinghamshire educating young people between the ages of 3 and 19.1395 pupils, Ofsted January 2018 indicated that we were a good school, Investor in People status, Science College, 86% of pupils achieving 5+ A* - C, Vibrant Sixth Form.
At St Michael's you will be fortunate enough to be part of a small and friendly learning family with modern classrooms and caring professional staff. We are determined that St Michael's will be second to none in the quality of its curriculum opportunities, teaching, learning, staff and resources. We are committed to providing the highest standards of education from Nursery through to Sixth Form.
About the role
Site Team responsibilities will include:-
- General repairs and maintenance
- Assisting with lettings
- Setting up for school events
- Maintaining a clean and safe environment
- Assisting with deliveries to the school site
- Site security
- General duties around the school site.
If successful you will join our hardworking and friendly team to support the needs of visitors, staff and students.
Skills and Abilities:
- Working as part of a team
- DIY Skills
- Ability to relate to children and adults
- Ability to undertake manual handling and working at height tasks (training will be given)
- Practical and proactive
- Reasonably flexible with regard to working hours
- Experience of working as a caretaker or handy person
- Experience of plastering
- Experience of Plumbing
- Proactive and conscientious
- Good sense of humour
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification below for more information about this role.
For more information and to apply, Please download the information from the school website www.stmichaels.bucks.sch.uk
And return your completed form to Mrs Diana Bhachu PA to Executive Headteacher firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not send CVs for the purpose of equal opportunities.
Closing date: 4pm 23 November 2018
Interviews to be held: week commencing 26 November 2018
*If you don’t hear from us within 2 weeks of closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful
St Michael's Catholic School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS.
- Site Assistant JD (Microsoft Word Document)
- Application Form Non Teaching - DBS (GDPR May 18) (Microsoft Word Document)