Get your foot in the door and start out on your journey to get the job you want. Our BucksInspired Traineeships help unlock your potential and give you a great opportunity to gain real work experience and skills. This will enable you to be better placed to get the apprenticeship or job you are aiming for. You will be supported by the Youth Service and will complete work experience with a local business.
The Bucksinspired Traineeships are run by the Buckinghamshire Youth Service. The Youth Service works with young people to explore and work on a range of issues to improve emotional wellbeing and resilience. The work we do is led by issues and concerns that are most important to young people.
About the role
Our 12 week Traineeship is an education and training programme that at its core is work preparation training, and a high quality work experience placement.
English and Maths skills sessions are also provided for those who need it.
The traineeship includes:
- Employability skills workshops. These are fun practical sessions lead by our youth work staff. Initially you will have a 4 week intensive support period getting you ready for your work experience placement. You will then attend these sessions two afternoons a week.
- English and Maths support. (If you do not have an A*-C grade GCSE) Two mornings a week.
- Work experience placement. 3 days a week for 8 weeks. We have a range of employers on board who are keen to offer work experience placements to the right trainee. We will endeavor to match you with the most suitable placement for your interests and skills.
- Individual support from a youth worker throughout the traineeship.
- Level 1 Employability skills qualification
At the end of the placement, ideally you will be offered an interview for a position within the business. However if no apprenticeship or job opportunity exists within the business the employer will provide an exit interview together with meaningful written feedback to help you secure an apprenticeship or employment elsewhere.
To be eligible, you need to be:
- Motivated to work
- Willing to try new things
- Currently not in a job or have little or no work experience
- Aged between 16 to 24
- Qualified below Level 3 (A-Level)
This traineeship opportunity is unwaged. However you may be supported with expenses such as meals and transport.
You can participate in a registered traineeship for up to 30 hours per week and still claim Job Seekers Allowance.
To find out more or to apply for a traineeship position go to the
week commencing 21st January, 2019
Possible start date
11th February, 2019
To apply, please send your completed application form (see below) to the e-mail address below. If you would like to know more about Bucksinspired Traineeships please contact:
Katy Moore (Youth Service)
- Case Study Luke traineeship (Microsoft Word Document)
- Case Study Callum traineeship (Microsoft Word Document)
- bucksinspired traineeships information for trainees 2019 (PDF Document)
- Traineeship application form 2019 (Microsoft Word Document)