We are seeking a proactive and enthusiastic individual to join the Chief Officer and Cabinet Members Executive Assistants Team who strive for business excellence in everything they do.
Bucks County Council is at the heart of the community delivering essential services seven days a week, all year round to over half million plus residents, businesses and visitors. Touching the lives of everyone, the Council provides over 100 services from childcare to countryside parks, schools to social care and from roads to the registry office. From over 500 different locations, more than 10,000 employees work hard to meet the challenge of delivering outstanding service across a portfolio of services.
About the role
The role is to carry out executive support for one of our Executive Directors in the Chief Executives Team.
The confidential executive support activities which will include:
- Responding to correspondence, internal and external, including drafting replies as directed by the Leader/Deputy Leader, Chief Executive, Managing Directors and Cabinet Members.
- Receiving and tracking mail requiring the attention of Leader/Deputy Leader, Chief Executive, Managing Directors & Cabinet Members, ensuring all relevant information is accessible.
- Arranging meetings & conferences including multi agency meetings. – Events, meetings, etc, are managed effectively.
- Managing diaries – effective use of time by those supported.
- Dealing with travel arrangements, conferences, etc, both nationally and internationally.
- Arranging briefings.
- Managing inventories.
- Providing business support to meetings including minute taking services. – Minutes are taken and actions are chased as required.
- SAP Processing.
- Dealing with complaints and compliments, in conjunction with Central Complaints Team.
- Coordinating and liaising with partners and outside bodies on behalf of the Leader/Deputy Leader, Chief Executive, Managing Directors & Cabinet Members, ensuring all relevant information is accessible.
This team can be matrix managed and flex across all directorates as well as within the specific directorate they are working in, to cover peaks and troughs in workload.
The successful candidate will be efficient and highly organised. You will have excellent written and oral communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability of dealing with colleagues at all levels in a large organisation. Excellent IT skills are a must.
You will be a proactive person who will play a key role in working with the Cabinet Members. You will have experience of working in a demanding and challenging environment.
To ensure the highest level of customer care and to adhere to the quality and performance standards relevant to the post.
You must demonstrate a high level of confidentiality due to the nature of the role. You must be confident and competent when dealing with customers and partner organisations.
Please see job description for further information.
Ambitious. Accountable. Caring. Collaborative.
Our values are what make our culture at BCC unique and we expect all our people to live them in their approach. Ambitious. We want people with a strong desire and determination to succeed. Accountable. Our people take pride in owning actions and decisions. It’s all about using our resources wisely and recognising that the public money we use is all going towards a better future. Caring. We’re people, working for people. Being caring, kind and supportive is intrinsic. Collaborative. Working in a team, sharing ideas and knowledge only means positive things. By creating more effective solutions together, we are able to deliver better outcomes to the county as a whole.
We recognise and reward you
Hard work and success deserves recognition. That’s why we pride ourselves on the benefits we give our people. Everything from a good work-life balance and flexible working to discounted public transport and sports centre membership.
- 01)Executive Support R5 Final (PDF Document)