Business Support Officer
We are looking to recruit a lively, enthusiastic administrator to work at a fast pace in our busy Specialist Business Support team. If you learn quickly and demonstrate the right work ethic we can offer you a friendly and supportive work environment.
About Buckinghamshire County Council
Our vision is simple - to make a real difference to the people and communities we serve, now, and for the future. This means safeguarding the vulnerable, creating opportunities, building self-reliance and keeping our County thriving and attractive while at the same time delivering value for money to our customers; the people of Buckinghamshire.
About the role
The role provides administrative support to a team of peripatetic teachers working in schools in Buckinghamshire to promote inclusive practice.
As part of a team your work will involve:
- Create documents, reports, correspondence etc from the information provided, using standard formats and software
- Identify areas where improvements could be made within own role / team
- Act as a Cost Centre Administrator completing financial transactions using the SAP financial system.
- Provide support to others during / after meetings.
- Inputting data accurately into ONE (the Service Database)
The team member we are looking for must:
- Be lively and enthusiastic and have the ability to multi task and work at a fast pace.
- Be happy to work in a constantly changing environment.
- Demonstrate an excellent work ethic in terms of attendance, performance and attitude.
- Be able to use Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint to at least intermediate level (this will be tested at interview)
- Be familiar with the internet and web based applications
- Be quick and enthusiastic to learn new systems
- Be able to listen and summarise what you hear into succinct notes (this will be tested at interview)
- Have a very good standard of written grammar and punctuation (this will be tested at interview)
- Have an excellent telephone manner and experience of dealing with customers
- Demonstrate that you are caring and considerate of others
Please see the attached job description for further details.
Interviews to be held Friday 23 November 2018.
If you would like further information on the role please contact Belinda Nunn, Business Support Team Leader:
Tel: 01296 387351
Ambitious. Accountable. Caring. Collaborative.
Our values are what make our culture at BCC unique and we expect all our people to live them in their approach. Ambitious. We want people with a strong desire and determination to succeed. Accountable. Our people take pride in owning actions and decisions. It’s all about using our resources wisely and recognising that the public money we use is all going towards a better future. Caring. We’re people, working for people. Being caring, kind and supportive is intrinsic. Collaborative. Working in a team, sharing ideas and knowledge only means positive things. By creating more effective solutions together, we are able to deliver better outcomes to the county as a whole.
We recognise and reward you
Hard work and success deserves recognition. That’s why we pride ourselves on the benefits we give our people. We actively encourage a good work-life balance and promote flexible and agile working arrangements. We provide discounts on various Cafés, restaurants, shops and auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme with an employer contribution of 26%. We also offer a salary sacrifice personal car lease scheme and the opportunity to gain membership to Costco. We have discounted gym memberships, Travel discounts with Arriva and Chiltern Railways and much more.
- 01)Business Support Officer - Range 3 (Microsoft Word Document)