Social Worker - Assessments
Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you want to become part of a team that places a premium on listening and, learning, and is determined to make a difference?
Qualified Social Workers - £36,381 - £46,159 - Assessments - Aylesbury, High Wycombe and Chiltern and South Bucks
DID YOU KNOW?
We offer free parking on all of our locations, and
Buckinghamshire is only 35 miles from London and 25 miles from Oxford? We are closer than you think!
Here at Bucks we have developed an ambitious improvement programme, including and the development of our workforce, development, plan that sets out a clear vision for delivering our number one priority to improve the quality of social work practice and achieve positive outcomes with our local children and young people who are ‘in need’ of support, protection and care to improve social work services for children and young people in need of support, protection and care.You can be part of this exciting transformation and be part of the high support – high challenge culture that is being driven forward with enthusiasm, expertise and pace.
The First Response Service manages the ‘front door’ and works together with key internal and external partners, from BCC Early Help, Thames Valley Police and Health Services, including out of hours overnight, at weekends and on bank holidays. The MASH, which is collocated at the Police Station in Aylesbury, triages a high volume of new contacts and referrals on a daily basis and gathers multi-agency information and intelligence to inform timely decisions about how children, young people and their families will receive appropriate support and intervention.
About the role
Working for Buckinghamshire Children’s Social Care includes…
- Generous reward package including:
- Competitive salary with a ‘Golden Hello’ lump sum payment of £2,125
- New lease car scheme
- Car allowance up to £600
- Annual leave up to 30 days after 5 years employment
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- 12 – 15 days training, learning and development offer
- Children’s Learning Academy with a Social Work Faculty that has close links with Buckinghamshire New University and a dynamic Masterclass programme led by academics, researchers and speakers
- New dedicated learning platform providing access to a wide range of training, learning and development opportunities, resources and tools
- Employee Wellbeing access to our developing offer of treatments and classes, including workplace massage, mindfulness classes and discounted gym membership
- ‘Beyond Auditing’ (Quality Assurance) Team works with the Principal Social Worker providing real time coaching and mentoring to evaluate and improve social work practice. This includes case consultations with allocated social workers and line managers, observation of practice and guided conversations with children, young people and their parents as well as other professional who know them.
- Reimbursement of full HCPC registration fee
Our values describe the behaviours that underpin the successful implementation of our vision and the delivery of our improvements so that we will focus on:
- Keeping children and young people’s lived experiences at the heart of everything we do
- Working collaboratively with and for our children and families, acknowledging their contribution and building on their strengths
- Remaining passionate about keeping children safe and well and focus on making a positive difference every day
- Making sure that everyone’s voice is heard, including children, families, our staff and partners, so that we work reflectively, openly and with integrity
- Assuring the quality of practice and managing our performance to inform service improvement and development
You will …
- Have a social work qualification and active HCPC registration
- Be willing and able to model our values and deliver our conditions
- Be able to promote a ‘strengthening families’ approach to social work practice
If you have any questions regarding the roles, please email email@example.comYou will be required to apply for a DBS at an enhanced level. Further information about the DSB Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-checkIf you are successful in securing a role in our First Response Contact and MASH Team, you will also be required to apply for a Thames Valley Police Check. Buckinghamshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- Children's Services Candidate Pack SW Final version (PDF Document)