Teacher for KS2 - Brushwood Junior School
Brushwood Junior School is a two form entry junior school with 283 pupils on roll. We are looking for a passionate and dynamic class teacher with excellent classroom practice to join our team.
Salary Range: MPS/UPS plus Fringe Allowance – £24,018 – £34,725
Depending on experience and qualifications
Required from January 2019 or sooner
Brushwood Junior school is a two form entry school in Chesham. It is a happy, caring, vibrant community. We are very fortunate to have ample space and facilities to support outdoor learning and enjoy the benefits of being surrounded by open fields and woodland. We are passionate about promoting good mental health and emotional well-being and offer our children a wide range of additional experiences to support and nurture their development. Our school values of respect, confidence, collaboration, resilience and ambition underpin everything we do.
About the role
We are proud to offer you:
- A comprehensive and supportive induction package to enable you to quickly feel part of the team.
- Enthusiastic and well behaved pupils who are eager to learn
- A commitment to high quality support through peer coaching and a comprehensive CPD package tailored to meet your individual needs.
- A talented, dedicated staff team
- Excellent facilities including a variety of outdoor learning environments
- Exciting career development opportunities for ambitious and aspirational teachers
- A school appreciated by the wider community
- A highly active and supportive governing body
You need to be a qualified teacher with a passion for teaching children across the 7-11yrs range. You need to be ambitious and motivated to improve the learning outcomes for every child in your care. You will be eager to engage with professional development opportunities to continually develop and improve your practice. You need to be able to collaborate with others and demonstrate a commitment to maintaining high standards. You will have energy, enthusiasm, a growth mind-set and a sense of fun. Successful candidates will uphold and model the Brushwood values and ethos in all areas of their work and conduct.
We warmly welcome visits from potential candidates – please contact Claire Smith on 01494 786023 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a date and time to visit us.
Please send applications to: email@example.com
As part of the application process we ask that you write a letter to support your application and indicate your ideal subject to take responsibility of.
As part of the interview process you will be asked to teach a lesson or part of a lesson which will be observed.
Further information about the school can be accessed via the School website or through the candidate application pack.
Brushwood Junior school is committed to safeguarding children and our successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place throughout our recruitment process.
Closing Date: Mid-day Wednesday 24th October 2018
Interviews: Tuesday 30th October 2019
- Job description - KS2 Class teacher (Microsoft Word Document)
- Person Specification Class Teacher (Microsoft Word Document)
- Brushwood Junior School - candidate information pack V8 (Microsoft Word Document)
- Teaching Application Form (Microsoft Word Document)