Teaching Assistant - Newtown School
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, motivated and innovative professional to join our friendly, forward thinking, community school (Ofsted rated Good in October 2018). Initially this will be in our Pre-School working with 2, 3 and 4 year olds but staff may be moved anywhere in the school.
Required for January 2019
Initial maternity cover fixed term to July 19 after which there is the potential for a permanent position.
Salary: Bucks Pay Range 1 point 6 to Range 2 point 15 (FTE £15,236 - £21,008) depending on experience and qualifications.
Hours: 37 hours per week, 39 weeks a year.
About the role
- A Teaching Assistant will work with and support individual or groups of children.
- A Teaching Assistant will constructively work with children during free play helping them to participate where necessary and actively furthering their learning.
- A Teaching Assistant may lead a Funky Phonics session once a day (from Pre-School upwards).
- A Teaching Assistant will lead small groups of children during group time or during free play where requested on an activity set by the Teacher or planned and delivered by themselves if requested.
Please see job description for further information.
We can offer:
- an exciting and dynamic school
- a talented, dedicated and caring teaching and support team
- a fantastic group of children with a mix of abilities and cultures
- continuing profession development
You will ideally have:
- NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) relevant Childcare or Teaching Assistant qualification
- Experience working or volunteering in a Pre-school setting
Please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Julia Antrobus, Headteacher, should you wish to discuss the role further. Visits to the school are positively encouraged.
Applications to: email@example.com
To book a school visit, please contact the school office on 01494 783713 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, please use the standard Bucks CC Non-Teaching Application form.
Closing Date: 12 noon Monday 29th October
Interviews: Thursday 1st November
Newtown School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references before commencing work.
- Application Form Non Teaching - DBS (GDPR May 18) (Microsoft Word Document)
- Teaching Assistant person spec (Microsoft Word Document)
- EY Teaching Assistant job description (Microsoft Word Document)