Buckinghamshire Youth Offending Service (YOS) is a multi-agency partnership, sitting under Buckinghamshire County Council’s Children’s Services. We work to reduce offending and reoffending by young people in Buckinghamshire, in addition to providing services for parents/carers and victims. Buckinghamshire YOS is successful, innovative and fully committed to developing effective practice.
The team is comprised of professionals from a range of backgrounds including Police, Probation, Health and Social Work. Working closely with partner agencies, we seek to deliver high quality and effective services that reduce the risk of offending, reoffending, risk of harm to others as well as ensuring that the young people that we work with are safeguarded
About the role
We are looking to recruit YOS Officers to our enthusiastic and skilled case management team.
Applicants for the post must have:
- Extensive experience of case management, ideally within Criminal Justice or Social Work
- A Social Work, Probation, YJCEP or other relevant qualification
- The ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of relevant criminal justice and children’s legislation, related to young people and crime prevention
- Experience of working with young people and their families
- Experience of managing complex cases, including high risk cases or young people who are vulnerable
- The ability to communicate effectively with a range of different audiences
- Skills to maintain strong partner relationships
- Excellent assessment planning and organisational skills
- A commitment to uphold the service’s values of diversity and inclusivity
- The ability to write high quality reports and have experience of presenting information to Courts
- Strong IT skills
In return, we will support you with the resources needed to help you meet the demands of a challenging job and develop your career. We are committed to ensuring that our best asset – our staff – benefit from long term rewarding careers, growing and working with us to meet the challenges of a changing environment.
The role is 37 hours per week and requires travel across the county and beyond. The YOS Officer pay range is between £26,691 and £38,097 per annum.
If you would like to discuss your suitability for the role, please call Ollie Foxell, Operational Manager on 01296 434624.
- YOS Officer Job Summary (Microsoft Word Document)