Assistant Team Manager, Assessment & Contact and MASH
Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you want to become part of a team that places a premium on listening and learning, determined to make a difference?
Assistant Team Manager, £41,586 - £46,159 per annum, Assessment & Contact and MASH, Aylesbury and High Wycombe
Here at Bucks we have developed an ambitious improvement programme, including the development of our workforce, , that sets out a clear vision for delivering our number one priority to improve the quality of social work practice and achieve positive outcomes with our local children and young people who are ‘in need’ of support, protection and care
You can be part of this exciting transformation and be part of the high support – high challenge culture that is being driven forward with enthusiasm, expertise and pace.
About the role
Working for Buckinghamshire Children’s Social Care includes…
o Generous reward package including:
- Competitive salary with a ‘Golden Hello’ lump sum payment of £2,125
- New lease car scheme (starting Autumn 2018)
- Car allowance up to £600
- Annual leave up to 30 days after 5 years employment
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- 12 – 15 days training, learning and development offer
- Reimbursement of full HCPC registration fee
- Children’s Learning Academy with a Social Work Faculty that has close links with Buckinghamshire New University and a dynamic Masterclass programme led by academics, researchers and speakers
- New dedicated learning platform providing access to a wide range of training, learning and development opportunities, resources and tools
- Employee Wellbeing access to our developing offer of treatments and classes, including workplace massage, mindfulness classes and discounted gym membership
- ‘Beyond Auditing’ (Quality Assurance) Team works with the Principal Social Worker providing real time coaching and mentoring to evaluate and improve social work practice. This includes case consultations with allocated social workers and line managers, observation of practice and guided conversations with children, young people and their parents as well as other professional who know them.
Our values describe the behaviours that underpin the successful implementation of our vision and the delivery of our improvements so that we will focus on:
- Keeping children and young people’s lived experiences at the heart of everything we do
- Working collaboratively with and for our children and families, acknowledging their contribution and building on their strengths
- Remaining passionate about keeping children safe and well and focus on making a positive difference every day
- Making sure that everyone’s voice is heard, including children, families, our staff and partners, so that we work reflectively, openly and with integrity
- Assuring the quality of practice and managing our performance to inform service improvement and development
You will …
- Have a social work qualification and active HCPC registration
- Be willing and able to model our values and deliver our conditions
- Be able to promote a ‘strengthening families’ approach to social work practice
If you have any questions regarding the roles, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be required to apply for a DBS at an enhanced level. Further information about the DSB Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
If you are successful in securing a role in our First Response Contact and MASH Team, you will also be required to apply for a Thames Valley Police Check.
Buckinghamshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- Children's Services Candidate Pack ATM Final version (PDF Document)