Social Worker - Help & Protection (CIN/CP)
Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you want to become part of a team that places a premium on listening and, learning, and is determined to make a difference?
Qualified Social Workers - £36,381 - £46,159 - Help and Protection (CIN/CP) High Wycombe and Aylesbury
DID YOU KNOW? Buckinghamshire is only 35 miles from London and 25 miles from Oxford? We are closer than you think!
Here at Bucks we have developed an ambitious improvement programme, including and the development of our workforce, development, plan that sets out a clear vision for delivering our number one priority to improve the quality of social work practice and achieve positive outcomes with our local children and young people who are ‘in need’ of support, protection and care to improve social work services for children and young people in need of support, protection and care.You can be part of this exciting transformation and be part of the high support – high challenge culture that is being driven forward with enthusiasm, expertise and pace.
The Safeguarding Service provides social work services for children and young people subject to Children in Need and Child Protection Plans, including intervention via the courts to determine safeguarding and long term permanence plans when required. The FAST and CATCH Teams work alongside the Help & Protection and Court Teams providing additional support, resources and expertise for children, young people and their families with the aim of keeping families together and avoiding children becoming looked after.
About the role
Working for Buckinghamshire Children’s Social Care includes…
- Generous reward package including:
- Competitive salary with a ‘Golden Hello’ lump sum payment of £2,125
- New lease car scheme (starting Autumn 2018)
- Car allowance up to £600
- Annual leave up to 30 days after 5 years employment
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- 12 – 15 days training, learning and development offer
- Children’s Learning Academy with a Social Work Faculty that has close links with Buckinghamshire New University and a dynamic Masterclass programme led by academics, researchers and speakers
- New dedicated learning platform providing access to a wide range of training, learning and development opportunities, resources and tool
- ‘Beyond Auditing’ (Quality Assurance) Team works with the Principal Social Worker providing real time coaching and mentoring to evaluate and improve social work practice. This includes case consultations with allocated social workers and line managers, observation of practice and guided conversations with children, young people and their parents as well as other professional who know them.
- Reimbursement of full HCPC registration fee
Our values describe the behaviours that underpin the successful implementation of our vision and the delivery of our improvements so that we will focus on:
- Keeping children and young people’s lived experiences at the heart of everything we do
- Working collaboratively with and for our children and families, acknowledging their contribution and building on their strengths
- Remaining passionate about keeping children safe and well and focus on making a positive difference every day
- Making sure that everyone’s voice is heard, including children, families, our staff and partners, so that we work reflectively, openly and with integrity
- Assuring the quality of practice and managing our performance to inform service improvement and development
You will …
- Have a social work qualification and active HCPC registration
- Be willing and able to model our values and deliver our conditions
- Be able to promote a ‘strengthening families’ approach to social work practice
If you have any questions regarding the roles, please email firstname.lastname@example.orgYou will be required to apply for a DBS at an enhanced level. Further information about the DSB Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-checkBuckinghamshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- Children's Services Candidate Pack SW Final version (PDF Document)