Children’s services in Buckinghamshire are on a journey to delivering outstanding services. Children and their families are at the centre of everything we do. Building on the Strengthening Families model adopted for child protection conferences in 2016, we want to apply the latest skills and knowledge to achieve the best outcomes possible for the children we seek to protect and support.
Ee are keen to incorporate the key principles of the ‘Strengthening Families’ to our services here in Buckinghamshire, to enhance and recognise what we already do. The model follows the following key imperatives:
1. Understanding the world of the child
2. Understanding the world of the adult(s)
3. Recognise family strengths as well as concerns
4. Engage families in the change process
5. Measure change through actions and interventions